Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Big House on the Hill


Well, not really. I live in a
nice small, comfy house near the beach. Where ever
I live, my house has to have birds in the yard. I love
to watch the birds. The ones they have
here in the south are so colorful. They
flit around in the huge hickory tree near
our front deck.
Right now a tiny sparrow has made a nest in
my wreath near the side door. I've been watching
her fly past the window building her new house.
I thought breeding season had ended but I just
read in Saturdays bird column that it hasn't.
Little sparrow is proof of that.

Our challenge this week at
is to create a tag with the theme
"Home"
Mine is a regular old mailing tag with a sky and grass background
done with pastel chalks. The house is stamped with Distress Vintage
Photo ink. The roof is lightly colored with red colored pencil and
the shrubs are touched with a bit of green.
And, if you will notice, there is my bird (stamp by Inka).
I tried so many fibers and ribbons as an embellishment.
I finally ended up with this one. I had several tied on but
it overpowered the tag.

8 comments:

Holly said...

Great scene you've made on this tag! I love the colors.

Anne said...

What an absolutely stunning tag you've creating Jeanette!

Looking forward to creating with you on the MyGrafico challenge blog :)
Anne

Carol said...

what a gorgeous tag - really love the colours....thank you for joining us this week, hope to see you again soon...

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a gorgeous tag!! Such beautiful soft colors!! :) TFS!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is stunning! i love watching the birds too only we have too many doves and robin red-breasts!

hugs,

Kath said...

wow what a gorgeous tag...love the little scene you have created and how I envy you living at the beach..thanks for joining in the fun this week at Something completely Different...Hugs Kath xxxx

Gez said...

Beautiful tag. The sky & image are lovely. Thanks for joining us this week. Gez.

Scrubbysue said...

Ooh...I love this!!