Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Owl and the Parrot


Blue, Brown and Bling
That is the challenge for this week.
It has a nice ring to it
Blue, Brown and Bling.

I used the same little owl from the "What a Hoot"
(Sale Still in Progress)
as I did for my inchie posted yesterday.
This time he is a blue and brown owl but I enlarged him
quite a bit for this card. The branch is also from the same
set. They are layered on to misc background paper with
pop dots. He has crystal gems in his eyes for the Bling.
You're a Hoot is computer generated. It turned out
a lot cuter than I expected.

Hello, Hello anybody there?


This is my card for the

The image is from
It was originally black and white only. After
printing the image for this card I colored the parrot
using colored pencils. It gave Polly nice green and
yellow feathers. Just a tad of color in a pretty
neutral card. The lace is from my scrap pile and the
I used beach glass for embellishment.
Pearlized gray has the corners rounded and
layered on to a flat black base.

Hope you are having a Happy Father's Day!

10 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

What a FABULOUS card! Its so creative! I love it! Thanks so much for playing the DTC!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow! this is super and so is the parrot. girl, you are good!!!

hugs,

Lora said...

You have done a fab job!
Thanks for playing at the DTC this week.
Lora x

Scrubbysue said...

I LIKE these! and the layouts are great!

Maria Matter said...

Oh, Jeanette, this is so fabulous!!!
I love your owl and the whole design on this card!!!! You did a wonderful job with the blue/brown and bling challenge!
I'm so glad you played along with us over at the DTC!!!
Delightful parrot card too! That photo would easily bring a smile to someone's face!
Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
Blessings, Maria

Emma said...

Both fantastic cards...love the imgaes.
Thanks for joining us at DTC and good luck.
Emma x

Denise Clark said...

Jeanette, love the trees in the background on the hoot card and the parrot card certainly brought a smile to my face. He's adorable! Great cards!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! Fabulous details and you've done a beautiful job on the sketch!! I just love that silly parrot!! How cute!! :)

Lori said...

Jeanette, I love that little owl but I can't find it on the MyGraphico website. Is it not available anymore? Anyway, yours is adorable!

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Great image! Fab Card.
thanks for playing at ICS this week.

x