Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Summer Flowers





#16 Sketch Time

And, here
is the sketch


My image is a digi image freebie by GGK and I got
The background paper is from Boho Chic from Making Memories.
The soft gold strips are distressed with gold liquid chalk ink.
The button is one of my sale finds from WalMart and so is
the crystal dragon fly. The coloring is done with colored pencils.

A bit more of summer flowers.
This was done for our weekly challenge at
Cardmaker. Our challenge was to use only punches
and one stamped sentiment that went with our image.
I don't have a collection of punches and the
ones that I do have are tiny. See......

But I punched my little heart out and made three posies from
a really pretty scrap of paper. The stems I made by punching
kitties and using their tails. Another thing I don't have
many of are sentiment stamps. I usually use the computer.
But I did find the words fleur and garden and used them
for a border. When my punching hand quits hurting,
I might try this again.

There is room for one more!!!

Today is the last day to vote for your 5 favorite cards
to be published in the ezine Sheetload of Cards at

This is just in
30% off all unmounteds at

BUT
Laurel said,

"you gotta wish me a "happy birthday Laurel" in the comments box or in a separate
email, referencing your order number if you email."
See all details here.

6 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

you are just so full of good stuff.

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Such gorgeous card!! I love that big button accent!! ;) TFS!! I hope you have a lovely weekend my dear!!

Janet said...

such a pretty card! thanks for playing! I also love your punch card! so cool!
hugs

Ruby said...

Your card is really pretty. I LOVE that big button, it's fab! :o)

Karen R said...

they're both great. I agree that big button is a real winner plus the wee punched flowers etc how sweet is that!

Scrubbysue said...

These are pretty!! and what a great idea with the different punches! I like that!