Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away


Isn't that how the saying goes?
I've been on a real apple kick lately. I have one
everyday, usually at lunch time. My favorites are
Cameo, Pink Lady, Gala and Fuji.
Also, on my favorite fruit list is South Carolina peaches.
I buy them at a local produce stand. They are a summer
treat for me.

Challenge #4 is 'ABC' only it has an
unusual twist. See the challenge blog for the details.

I really didn't have a clue as how to handle this challenge. Then I thought
of this. I think it is close enough to the ABC theme to qualify. The designer
paper is a freebie from TAC Stamps. The apple is clip art from my Printmaster.
The gold apple charm is from a school themed link bracelet. One of my
nifty thrify garage sale finds.
Pop in and play along.

Speaking of bargains. I went to my local Michaels store yesterday. I needed
blades for my Fiskars cutter. While I was browsing, I noticed quite a
difference in the stock at the store. Not so much in the scrapping and
stamping area but on the other side of the store. There were
two full aisles of Bargain Buys $5 and under, mostly under.
I got some pretty neat stuff to use. I also noticed lots of items
on sale. They seem to be transitioning to fall and winter items.
Now might be a pretty good time to visit your local Michaels.

You've heard me talk about my new USE YOUR PAPER SCRAPS group at
This morning I posted a SWAP.
I call it the "I'd Like to Get to Know You" swap. It's
an ongoing swap. You sign up, I get in touch with you
and give you my address, you send me a card with a bit about
you and your stamping and I'll send a card back to you.
!!! I hope you SIGN UP, I'd really like to get to know you !!!

I think I'll take a blogging day off tomorrow.
See you Monday.

5 comments:

Holly said...

This is cute, and great image for the theme1

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

now start giving an apple a day to lorne! really cute card.

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEE!! I love that image!! Adorable image for your challenge!! ;)

StampinSher said...

As the saying goes - I believe it is more on how tasty the apple is! Great FRESH idea!

Scrubbysue said...

Awwwww........heeheehee...how cute!! hope you have a fab sunday jeanette. :)