Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I'm Pretty Sporty this A.M.





Challenge Theme 'Sports'

I might by sporty looking sometimes but I'm not the
sporty type at all. I remember the first football game
that I went to in high school. I didn't have a clue as to
what I was watching. That was the last football game that
I saw until I was in my 30s. My girlfriend in LA had
tickets to one of those meet at the bar, drink have breakfast,
get on the bus, drink, drive to the Coliseum, drink, watch the
LA Rams (I think). I still didn't know what I was watching but
I sure had a good time. Maybe it was the free drinks. The
thing that I remember most was seeing the actor Robert Conrad.
Remember Hawaiian Eye and Wild Wild West.
WOW, WHAT A HUNK!!! Although very short, muscles
were filling out his white T-shirt very nicely and he had the
most beautiful golden tan.
I haven't been to a football game since.

This is the paper that I used as a background for this card. Way too bright
for me. I toned it down a bit on the computer by using a light gray.
Now I like that color much better. I distressed the edges with
my scissors and layered with shades of green. The golf bag stamp is
from DogGoneStamps. I did the coloring with colored pencils.
This isn't your typical sporty color theme but I sure like how
it looks. I bet Robert Conrad would, too.


6 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

very nice. and (1) i still know nothing about football and i've been to many games and (2) ooooo robert conrad - hubba, hubba!

how do you do all that great stuff on your computer????

hugs,

Holly said...

I understand football, but I don't really enjoy it. If I went to a football game and saw Robert Conrad I'd spend the whole game watching him!
I like your card! The little animal head golf club covers are cute!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEE!! That is so sweet!! Love that image Jeanette!! I have no choice but to love sports...my boys are in EVERY single sport that is available to them!! :) And when we're not playing, we're watching it!! LOL!!

cmoh said...

Wow I never would have know that was the same background paper if you hadn't told me what you did. Very ingenious!

So glad you took the challenge this week!

Ed said...

I love it. A gorgeous stamped image, and I like the background too !!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i see you already received the honest scrap award, and i left one on my blog for you too. you don't have to follow the rules again and you are welcome.

big hugs,