Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I've Gone to the Dogs

This is Marty from DogGoneStamps. Isn't he sweet? This is a card that I made for a swap at Rubberstampchat using the theme Dog Days. Marty is stamped on watercolor paper with waterproof ink and then watercolored using my markers. My watercolor technique is to touch a damp brush to my marker. I've seen other ways of doing watercolor to get better shading. It always looks so easy but I'm still practicing. Someday I'll be good enough to share.

Yesterday I posted the 2nd Quickie Contest make "INCHIES" at USE YOUR PAPER SCRAPS.
The contest is open until 11:59 p.m., Monday, August 3rd. You are invited to come and join in the contest.

My new computer is all set up, in fact, I'm using it right now. It is so NICE. I love the touch on the new keyboard. My fingers just fly. Now if they just learned to spell. I'm still getting it organized but that is almost finished. My Photoshop Elements is there. A DT challenge image is waiting for me to figure out how to use the program.

My craft room, now thats a different story. It is an absolute mess. Part of it is stacked around the living and dining rooms. I decided to rearrange while the computer was being set up. So far
I like the new arrangement. I don't know how much designing I'm going to be able do for a few days.

6 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

so cute Jeanette, please can you vote over at More the Merrier.

Have you seen the other challenge we are doing - it's a slice of cake, go down the blog to have a look

K x

Denise Clark said...

You sound so positive about your new computer and I am just kind of putzing through all this learning curve! :) What kind did you get, Jeanetee? I ended up with a Dell Inspiron. I like it. It's just changing from Word Perfect to Microsoft that has me going!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

adorable.

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!! What a sweetheart!! I love that image and fun sentiment!! ;)

Holly said...

Cute! And I think your shading is pretty darn good Jeanette! You'll find elements pretty easy to use I'm sure!

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.