Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, July 17, 2009

T. G. I. F.



T.G.I.F. doesn't matter that much to me
since I've been retired. In fact, most of the time
I don't even know what day it is.
I just get lost in the pleasures of each day.
But, Happy T.G.I.F to all that need one.

Remember this?


Now it is this...

"I sliced, I diced, I arranged, I re-arranged....again and again and again. Went back to the tutorial. Re-arranged again but used pop dots between layers this time. It's now starting to come together. It still needs something. Edged with silver metallic marker. It still needs more. I took a couple of layers off and added silver sparkly thread. Ahhhh, we're getting there. It is looking sort of Americana to me so I grab my small star punch and punch a few stars. The center star is layered with a tiny square of foam tape and the others are just glued in place. My little bit of "Americana" is finally finished."

That is an excerpt from the email that I sent to Charlotte at ggdesigns.
And, the above is what I sent to her for her challenge. I was determined
to do 2 projects using this technique but using the tiles was really
giving me problems. Then I had a thought "this looks Americana to me".
From then on it was clear sailing because I now had
a creative path to follow.. My folk artish Americana project is finished.

FREE COPICS

Treehouse Stamps is having a drawing for FREE COPICS.
And, they are having a huge sale with a coupon for an additional 10% off.

Crafty Goings On Drawing for a 72 piece set.

And, have you seen these? Spica Glitter Pens from COPIC.
7 Kids College Fund Stamp Store for details.

The BEST PLACE TO BUY COPICS according to this
reviewer, HERE

Good Luck



2 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holy crap! this is gorgeous! i'm gonna have to check out that tutorial! i just love it. boy, i could have never put something like that together. just awesome!

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TGIF is right GF!! :) TEE!! I love how you changed "this" to "that"!! Very cool creation indeed!! You're so clever girl!! That's why I come to see you and I adore you anyway!! HUGS