Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

They Always Return


Painting by Gail Salituri

I've been wanting to use this Swallow Stamp
Finally, something presented itself that it would be perfect.
For the Birds Challenge
and

I used the theme of swallows returning to San Juan Capistrano as my
inspiration for this card. The swallow and border are by Inque Stamps.
The floral layer is clip art from Dover Publications . It isn't bouginvilla but it
will have to do. The rest of the layers are in sage green and lavender
and I distressed the edges with my scissors. I love the
soft look of this card.
I spent several years in Los Angeles. At that time I was
married to a man that loved to explore. We spent many
a pleasant hour behaving like tourists in our own area. San
Juan Capistrano is one of the many places that we visited.
I really did see wonderful things while I was living in
the LA area. My daughter, Susan, and her husband, Will,
live in the Silverlake District of LA and they constantly
take advantage of what LA and the surrounding area
has to offer. I always enjoy visiting Susan. She always
has a wonderful adventure planned for us.




7 comments:

Denise Clark said...

I've seen a lot of bird images this morning including my own. The image I used is similar to this one. We must have birds on the brain. :)

Love your card, Jeanette and so good to be able to visit you again. Thanks for your concern while I was gone. :)

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful, beautiful card. I also get Dover's free clip art and have yet to use it. You did a wonderful job with it.

Tracey Malnofski said...

This is so pretty!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh wow! this is beautiful. i, too, love the soft colors. absolutely beautiful!

hugs,

Holly said...

oh such a beautiful card! The colors are so soft.

Linda said...

A lovely and elegant card.

How lovely that your daughter plans adventures for you when you visit - how is her house renovations coming along?

Jennifer E. said...

This card is so beautiful! Thanks for submitting this for the Sunflowers and Dragonflies "For The Birds" challenge!