Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Viva La Difference with Paper Piecing


Denise's Stamping Vacation
The challenge this week is use Gingham, Orange, Brown & White

I guess this is more plaid than gingham but I don't have much
in my gingham department. For the brown I used SU Choclate Chip, yummy,
a white panel under the gingham and orange and brown letters
on white squares. The buttons are brown metal and they have
the word Farah printed on them. I also added a thin strip of
white ribbon. Maybe I should have used the brown.

Now the Paper Piecing
has Challenge #2 "Paper Piecing" posted.
You have until July 31 to play.

Flutterby Challenge #66
Pink, Brown and a Fairy or Butterfly


I got this idea from Teresa. She came up with this theme for
the swap that I'm in. Thank you Teresa.
I had so much fun piecing my scraps of paper and I was
so pleased with the outcome, I decided to use this
theme for the Groups' Challenge #2.
So Paper Piecing it is. It is fun and easy.
I stamped my tulip image, Canadian Maple Collections, twice. Once on
pink and once on a scrap of designer paper. I cut the pink panel to
size and cut out the tulip blossoms on the designer paper.
I glued them in place. Ooh, I like that. So, I decided
to piece the birds also. I still had enough scrap paper to cut out
a blossom to layer under the pink panel. Pink polka dot ribbon
and a pink and brown butterfly finish my card.

For more info and links about Paper Piecing visit
Use Your Paper Scraps at the link above.
I'd like to have you join us.

See the winner of the "Fan" challenge there also.
I am impressed with the beautiful fans that were submitted.

2 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Such beautiful cards Jeanette!! Love your colors on the top card and your paper peiced is gorgeous!! ;) TFS!

Danni said...

Very nice! Wonderful job! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!