Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Welcome to the Family Malcom!!!


Meet Malcom, my newest relative. My brother, Jimmy, just adopted him from shelter. Malcom is his shelter name so I don't know if he'll be keeping it or getting a new one. My brother says
he is a regular gentleman and smart as a whip. The first thing Jimmy did was lead Malcom around the yard and then showed him around inside his new home. Back outside they went and Jimmy let Malcom off his leash. Three laps around the yard and a good roll in the grass and he made himself right at home. Their first outing was to take a swim. There is a very happy dog in Montana.



I made this card to send to my brother and Malcom. I used the sketch at Squigglefly Challenge. The image is from Squigglefly. It is on the sale page for only 99c and you get reward points towards something free. Squigglefly is introducing so many new images for your stamping pleasure. Give digi stamping a try. There are free images for you to use for practice. Try it, you'll like it.

Everything is still unorganized in my craft room. I designed this card on my computer. I went to print it out. OMG! where is my card stock? Oh, there it is, still in the living room. After printing out the card I gave it a quick heat set. My colored pencils were the first coloring item that I found. So guess what I used? The bubble background is from Printmaster. After setting up my background I duplicated the image and cropped out some of the bubbles to make the tabs. I framed the image and the tabs in black. I wish now that I had used something in gray.
The black is a little heavy for the pastel look I was going for.

My apologies for the dark image. It was taken at night in not the best of light. The reason for that is.......my scanner is not compatible with my new computer. After I get this post finished Lorne will be installing the drivers that will hopefully cure my compatibility problem. The drivers came from the Canon site. Then I went to download the pics to my computer. I was sent to Snapfish...no thanks.....click to use my regular software. What it isn't there! I mean it's there but this darn computer won't let me use it. Another tweak for Lorne. I don't know what I'd do without my live in computer guru.

I was stymied for a minute or two but then I had an idea. I gave the camera to Lorne to open in his computer. Then he emailed them to me. Waallaaa, problem solved for now.

A bit of new computer frustration set in last night but today is a bright new day.

10 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Oh cute, welcome Malcolm, wishing you happy times.

K x

Denise Clark said...

Malcolm will enjoy his new aunt. I'm sure you will spoil him. Reminds me, I wanted to tell you what Jubal did last night. We had liver and onions for supper and Jubal always gets plate leftovers. My son Joshua threw him a couple pieces and he caught them and then put them on the floor instead of eating them. Joshua thought maybe if he put them in Jubal's dish he would eat them. Joshua put the pieces of liver in Jubal's dish. Jubal politely went to his dish, picked up eat piece of liver, and gently placed it on the floor beside his dish. Guess who does NOT like liver? LOL

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a cute dog! and i love that SF image. and i've been playing with my printmaster. i've already done 2 sets of business cards and a card. i think i'm gonna like this!

hugs,

Beth Norman said...

What a nice story about Malcolm. It makes your card even more enjoyable. I love the layout. Awesome job.

Cinnamon Thoughts said...

Hey Malcom. Glad to see a new family member. For a second there I thought you got a dog.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a sweet Malcolm critter!! How fun!! Love your card for the sketch challenge!! Nicely done!! :) HUGS

Holly said...

What a sweet card to make for a wonderful occasion! It always warms my heart to know that an animal is given a home and the chance to love someone. I hope your brother and Malcolm are friends for life!
Great work around on your scanner problem Jeannette!

Linda said...

Malcolm is gorgeous and I am sure the card will be greatly appreciated it's so cute.

Dezinaworld said...

Aww this is such a cutie, love the colouring its super soft and sweet
hugs june x

treesawardincrafts said...

I was looking for the squigglefly button and took a look at the inspiration cards, just in case it was hidden in there (I'm still looking). I spotted this card, that you did and that I missed on my visits to you, and I felt compelled to tell you how much I like it. It is gorgeous! Thanks for showing it, I really glad to have found it.