Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blue, Green and Cream



That is the Challenge at
I'm also using it for the Open Theme


The fairy is from Art Freebies. Another beautiful image that
June so thoughtfully shares on her web site.
The blue and cream are muted but they are there in the sky. This
image is from my software program. The stars are from a
moon and stars stamp from Rubber Stampede. This card is
done in 3 layers. I have the one sky panel as the base of the card, one
smaller panel of sky with gold threads taped to the back and layered
with pop dots. The angel has been cut out and layered on top
with pop dots. I added spots of clear crystal glitter here and there.
I'm really pleased
with this one.

At One Powerful Hour the challenge is Family
and ABC Challenge starting the alphabet again with 'A' Animal.

How do family and animals go together? Well, animals are
a big part of our family.
This is my brother's new dog that you first met as Malcom. His
new name is Rusty.He certainly seems to like the water.
This is the 3rd picture that I've seen of him and he is wet in 2 of them.

My, I've used lots of pop dots this week. This is a dimensional picture
that I made using 2 printed photos of Rusty. I cut away Rusty standing
on the log and some of the tall grasses. This was layered over the base photo with
pop dots. I couldn't find my photo paper so I used SU Whisper
White. It works very nicely and gives the photo somewhat of
a mat finish. I'll be sending this to my brother Jim, after I put it
in a frame. Maybe with a bit of birch bark added to it.




16 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Jeanette!! You card is beautiful hun!! The image is stunning!! :) Thanks for sharing...that doggie is adorable! Sounds like you're having fun with him!! :)

Sandra said...

Great take on the challenge... beautifully subtle colours. Thanks for joining us on 'Dare U' this week.
Sandra x

Helen said...

Fab cards!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Saxo Stamper said...

Oh he suits Rusty much better than Malcolm, he looks so happy.

lovely work as usual Jeanette.

See you at More the Merrier hopefully for the nature challenge - by 25th please.

k x

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

a lovely card
thank you for joining us on abc this week, we look forward to seeing you next week on B is for...
hugs Vicky x

Jane Carroll said...

fabulous

thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Donna said...

Lovely card Jeanette, brilliant digi image, you have done the colour combo so well! So pleased you could join us at DU2DS this week :) Donna x

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card Jeanette,love the image you have used and a great take on our colour theme this week....thanks for joining us at DU2DS,
Take care
San x

Michelle said...

This is such an ethereal card Jeanette, truly beautifull! Thanks for playing along at DU2DS this week
x Michelle

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

that angel is gorgeous and malcolm looks happy. fabulous!

hugs,

Denise Clark said...

Your card feel so peaceful! Love the softness! The image is adorable and it was free? Wonderful card Jeanette!

Rusty is just precious. I like his new name. Fits him somehow. He's gorgeous and the photo is wonderful! I bet he and Jubal would be buddies!

Cinnamon Thoughts said...

Rusty will have a wonderful caretaker and companion in Jimmy. And Jimmy will have a wonderful and faithful companion in Rusty. He'll be catching biscuits off his nose in no time!

cmoh said...

Rusty looks like he would be a great dog and I wish I could see this picture in person with the 3D elements and all.

And I so know how important animals are to a family.

Thanks for taking the challenge.

Chris said...

A gorgeous card Jeanette and such a beautiful image! Love the picture of Rusty, he's a very handsome boy, I'm sure your brother will love it. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Wow - beautiful! Thanks for joining the DU2DS Challenge this week!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Wow - beautiful! Thanks for joining the DU2DS Challenge this week!