Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Challenges...Babies....Owls...Photoshop



I made this card for Juana's Challenge #6 at
Our challenge was to make a baby card.

I did mess up a bit because part of the challenge was to add a
sentiment. I don't really use sentiments that often and I tend
to forget them. I did cover the ribbon and bling on this challenge card.
The image is part of the Baby Set from Squigglefly.

This is my Snowy Owl ATC for Soartful.
We were given this beautiful image for our inspiration.


And, this is what I did to it.


I say 'did to it' because the beautiful is now gone and replaced by
interesting, I hope. The picture color has been atlered using my Printmaster.
I tried several filters before choosing this one. I tried so many that I forgot
which on I used. I then added a single snowflake. This was duplicated and
resized many times and placed on the image. I arranged the image
to ATC size, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2", leaving a border. After being cut to size I sponged some
blue glimmer chalk all around and some over the image. Added
clear thread and attached another snowflake that I punched out of a vellum scrap.

I've been trying to learn my Photoshop Elements program. OMG! I'm having
such a difficult time. In one of my magazines I saw an ad for 'Digital
that caught my eye was 'step by step detailed instructions in
PLAIN English'. So, I went to the web site to check it out. And, it is
written in PLAIN English that I could understand. I ordered one. It arrived
yesterday and it looks to be all that it claims to be. I've just begun reading it but
so far so good. The first part discusses organization and the tools that
are included in a CD. Organization! That is going to take me forever, but
Patty, author, says it will pay off in the end. So I'll be getting started by using
her included tools. The CD also has kits to use to get us started creating.
I think for $39.95 it was a pretty good bargain.
If I still can't master Photoshop the book is very heavy and will make
a good paperweight. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

9 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

the baby card is fabulous. love the colors.
the owl are fantastic! i just love what you did with it.
and that would be an expensive paperweight - LOL.

great job!

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! Really love that baby card Jeanette!! Awesome coloring and the photoshop owl creation is amazing!! Beautiful work!! HUGS

Denise Clark said...

Love the bright colors on that baby card! Fabulous!

The owl card is awesome. I love it. Unique! Your hard work really shows! Terrific card!

Lori said...

Love the baby card Jeanette and I do like what you did to the owls. VERY interesting. OH, and I hear you on the Photoshop Elements thing. I don't think of myself as computer illiterate AT ALL but that PSE makes me go "HUH?" :) Good luck with your new instructions.

Holly said...

Love your baby card! I like that the colors are bright instead of the usual pastel and I really like how you used a real ribbon where the ribbon image is.
I think your owls are still beautiful. You are really good at altering images like that!

Irish3 said...

I love what you did with the owls! I've been trying to fight my way through with Photoshop Elements too, it takes so much more time then I ever would have imagined to do the things I want to do so I'm going to check out the link you included. I've also found some good stuff on youtube that shows step by step. Thanks for all the nice comments Jeanette and have a beautiful day!!

June said...

Fantastic work on the owl Jeanette. I love how you changed this and it became very mystical
Thanks for joining in
hugs June xxx

AliMayes said...

I love what you have done with the owls Jeanette -they were mysterious to start with but you have really enhanced their mystery!
Ali xx

Anonymous said...

What do you think ? Do I look hot ?

You can see my pics here.

[url=http://sexscreener.org/p/random/1992]My Profile[/url]