Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Flowers in Coral

And a Glittered Reptile.

The Reptile is for the
where the theme this week is 'Reptile'.

When my children were little they walked down to the park to attend
the carnival. I remember distinctly telling them not to bring
any fish back. They always wanted to throw the ping pong
balls in the fish bowls and try to win a fish.
Well, they actually listened to their mother and
they didn't bring any fish back. They brought back a Chameleon.
That little Chameleon became part of our family. My husband
made him a very nice home and I stocked up with mealy worms
for his food. He got so tame. And he was always full of
surprises. One day I went to get him from his cage and that
little stinker jumped right out and landed on my nose. We had
lots of fun with that little guy. You know, it could have been
a girl chameleon like this pretty glittery girl. The lizard
is from ggdesigns and I stamped it on an old notecard in black.
It is heat embossed and then I painted the lizard in glue
and sprinkled on some crystal glitter.

The flowers could also be for the Flower theme
or maybe this one for Stamping Vacation
Viva La Difference Pick 3 challenge

Denise's Stamping Vacation pick 3 challenge is always fun.
We get a list of six and this week they are... coral card stock, glitter,
border punch, sentiment sticker, anything sprayed, bling.
I picked coral card stock, glitter and bling. The flower
is cut from a piece of designer paper and glued to the
coral card stock and layered on to the base gold card.
I glittered areas of the flower with crystal glitter and added
green crystals along the base of the flower. The sentiment stamp
that I used is actually 3 words. I used just 'moments' from
"Every Day Moments".

I hope you are having some wonderful every day moments.


12 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! So creative Jeanette!! I love the glittery art you've created!! The flowers are just gorgeous!! On BOTH sets of cards!! Hope your weekend is fabulous!! HUGS

Linda said...

I love your story about the Chameleon and love the ATC.

I'm hoping to have a go at Denises challenge this week too - yours is really pretty and I like the way you've outlined with glitter.

cmoh said...

Fabulous...lovely wonderful! I want them both...the glittery reptile hiding in the flowers is way too much fun and the warm tones of your second piece are so soothing and romantic!

Fabulous!

Thanks for taking the challenge

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holy crap! these are awesome. i love the whole she-bang. those coral flowers are fabulous and the velum flower.... holy crap!

i posted your mags. be on the lookout.

hugs to lorne too!

peggy gatto said...

You are 1 busy, creative artist!!! Lovely interpretations!

fabricbutterfly said...

Just amazingly beautiful.......gorgeous!!!!

Limar said...

Love this one! Great texture :)

Denise Clark said...

Wonderful cards, Jeanette and what I love most is that they are uniquely yours! I love your style! That flower is just gorgeous! Love it! Thanks for playing along with the challenge!

LiveArt said...

Love your chameleon story :) thanks for sharing!! Fun atc and the card with the flower is absoloutely gorgeous!!! Sooo elegant and beautiful!!

Linda

Nancy B said...

Absolutely beautiful cards! I didn't know a lizard could be so pretty!

herminesplace said...

Beautiful ATC and I love the gorgeous flower card

Yogi said...

nice chameleon. I like the black stripes in the design.

I LOVE this flower. It is gorgeous. Love the simplicity of it and the swirl of color in the background paper. The glitter and rhinestones just add such a wonderful dimension to the piece.