Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

I'm Seeing Red


Red has been the color of choice lately. Here is another small dose of it.
This time for Lori's Color Challenge at Cardmaker.
Our colors are Red, Black and Green.

I really had a hard time coming up with something for this one.
Then I ran across my tiny Oriental girl that I'd made some time ago.
Then I remembered that I had a stamp with Ginko leaves. A theme
is finally presenting itself. So here is the finished card.
Simple but I like it.

Several that entered Lori's challenge made Christmas cards. You know,
it's just too early to think Christmas. I had joined in a Christmas
Card Challenge at SNR Card Universe. I found that I was making
cards for the challenge and not for my friends and family. I lacked
the needed holiday spirit for inspiration.
I don't send so many cards out that I can't make a custom card
for them. So, I dropped out. Although, they
did publish two of my cards in their monthly magazine. That was pretty nice.

Speaking of SNR my friend Stef's SNR Squigglefly Color Challenge #2 is up.
There are some beautiful colors to work with this week. AND, NO RED.

MyGrafico is now back online


MyGrafico's Blog Hop will definitely be on Monday, August 31. You can start your
Hop right here on my blog. There will be cards to see, contests to play, prizes to
be won. The Blog Hop is for Monday only but the whole week is
going to be full of fun at MyGrafico Challenge Blog.

4 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i love the card! probably because i love an asian look. funny, i don't do them too often either! go figure.

lots of news here too. you should see my blog today! talk about "newsy" Oy!

LOL.

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! This is just gorgeous!!! So beautiful with the colors!! Everything just pops out hun!! Hope you have a lovely weekend friend!! HUGS

Crissy Armstrong said...

That has a truly Asian look and it is elegant and beautiful!

Darlene said...

Very pretty card - Love the Oriental girl and how the elements all work together.