Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Goodness Where Has My Day Gone?




I did spend part of this morning making this for
Make a Halloween Pennant


We were given the image of the pennant for our inspiration. This is what
I did. The ghost and letters are printed on vellum. The wispy stuff is a piece
of stretched until it started to tear dryer sheet. I also used a scrap
of sparkly black fringe. So Boo, or maybe I should say Boo-Hoo,
I might just have missed the deadline.

this month's theme is House with a subtheme of Flowers'for this week.
Also, it is for the All Sorts Challenge Country English Garden.
I'm new to this challenge.


I colored this sweet stamp from AJs Country Stampin with colored
pencil. I do wish I'd colored it a bit brighter. I was going for pastel and came
close to ending up with blah. This looks sort of like an English Country Garden,
a very simple one, maybe.

I couldn't stop there. I put it on this card for the
Fall Colors challenge at More the Merrier.
They just completed a 'Make a Slice of Cake' challenge.
You should see the entries. FABULOUS.

Oh, here's the card.


All I did was subdue the color on this fall leaf background paper
and add my completed tag and flowers.

Don't forget to check out the Cake Slices.

I'm very excited about a scrapbook project that I'm working on
with my friend Sheri. She has asked a few of her friends
to help her make scrapbook pages for her daughter's upcoming
wedding. I was so happy that she asked me to help. And,
while at Walmart this a.m. I found some wonderful ivory lace ribbon,
ivory satin flowers, wedding stickers and journaling stamps. They will
be perfect for her pages. I wonder if Sheri is aware of the fact that
I've only made 3 scrapbook pages in my life. Trusting soul isn't she?

14 comments:

Meikoningin said...

Oh it looks lovely :D Your pennant is really scary ;) Thanks for playing with us !

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! These are so spooky and fun!! I love that top project!! Looks like a funtabulous project!! HUGS

Jules said...

Hi Jeanette

Well I certainly wish my English Country Garden was as beautiful as your image. (Mine has too many weeds and brambles for my liking).

I love your card and think the pastel look is just perfect. Any brighter and I think it would have overpowered that gorgeous background.

Love the leaf!!

I hope you have enjoyed your first challenge with us at Allsorts and hope we see you again.

Love Jules xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holy crap! that pendant is like awesome. the more i see your work, the more i am loving it. you get more and more creative. soooo outside MY box, but it sure is fun to just think i should give it a try. just fabulous!

hugs,

Kris Dickinson said...

What an awsome pennant!

Gez said...

Hi Jeanette love your house its gorgeous.xx

Thanks for playing along with Something Completely Different this week. Gez.

brenda said...

Good Morning Jeanette

Such a pretty creation and I think the colouring is just right and the design so unusual.

Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week, hope to see you next week again.

B x

LiveArt said...

Scary pennant and a lovely house!!

Linda

Carol said...

What a great take on our house - flower theme.

Thank you for joining us at SCD this week.

June said...

Wow love this spooky pennant jeanette, you never fail to make something brilliant
hugs June x

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

Beautiful and that IS a great stamp - love the leaf and the colours

Thanks for joining us on SCD

Dawn

Heather the Mooselover said...

I love your Halloween pendant. Spooky Scary!

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Beautiful card love the leaf you have used colours are amazing

thanks for joiningus at Allsorts


Emma xxx