Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

She Sells Seashells & Art on the Darkside



C.R.A.F.T. Challenge
Be sure to visit to see the DTs wonderful creations. There
is everything from cards to shoes. Really interesting.


Some of you might know that I like to walk the beautiful beach here. I always carry a bag with me and fill it with goodies. Mostly I collect shells, sometimes bits of seaweed and driftwood. I've found a few whole sanddollars but they are hard
to find. As a consequence, I've got shells all over the place. They are inside and outside. One year I even decorated our patio Christmas tree with shells, feathers and Spanish moss that I had gathered. Here are a couple of closeups of my altered shells.
















I can't forget Art on the Darkside. This week we had a 'moth' for our inspiration. My moth is in the hot seat......


I added a fire to the moth image and then sponged in color with an assortment of gold and red liquid chalks. I also touched up the flames and grate with some glitter gold gel pen. I used a piece of stretched cotton to make the smoke.

I have a new web site to share with you. It is called Altered Expressions featuring collage sheets and digi stamps for your vintage projects. Altered Expressions is a six week sponsor for the Weekly Color Challenge at Scrapbooking and Crafting Friends. I'm going to see if I can win one of her beautiful images.

You should check out the many fun groups at Scrapbooking and Crafting Friends, like my group Use Your Paper Scraps.

13 comments:

Anesha said...

Love the decorated shells, really pretty and such a great idea. Thanks for taking part in the CRAFT challenge. ANesha

Saxo Stamper said...

oh pretty shells x

Denise Clark said...

Jeanette, I've never heard of liquid chalks. Where do you get those? I love the way your background turned out! And the sentiment is absolutely perfect! Wonderful job!

Holly said...

oh your shells are gorgeous. Do you sell them? I'd love to have one!
Wish I lived near a beach. Also, if you have a picture of your patio christmas tree all decorated I'd love if you shared that too.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i, too, love walking on the beach collecting shells and your shells are gorgeous. fabulous take on the moth! love it.

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Now those are some very interesting shells!! WOW! Love your creation on the dark side!! :) TEE! So fun!!

Linda said...

Your moth to a flame is fantastic - I love the used of stretched cotton.

You are so lucky to be able to walk along the beach each day.

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck.

Jo.

Hope Jacare said...

I love shells - great project! Thanks for playing at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

June said...

Oh Jeanette, this is fabulous !! not just fabulous art but very clever too, i love that smoke its brilliant
hugs June x

Dezinaworld said...

Oh and i so love those seashells, they are beautiful jeanette
:)

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Very clever moth creation!!!

I Love seashells too, great project! Lucky you to live near the beach!

~*~ Patty

Yogi said...

Love your seashells. When I lived in Prince Edward Island and holidayed along the eastern seaboard, I picked lots of shells up. Still have a bunch in my stash. Miss not being able to walk along the beach. C'est la vie.

Love your moth to flame. The colors are so right and that stretched cotton for the smoke is fabulous. Wonderful piece.