Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, August 24, 2009

A Very Busy Monday


I have several things to post today.

This card is for
SNR Squigglefly...Color challenge, Orange, Brown and Aqua
Brown + Metal & Masculine

The circle is a metal button. The shoji screen and bonsai images are from
Squigglefly. They have lots of new images available right now. I also
rec'd word that more, lots more, are on the way.

The screen is printed on dark gold vellum.
I then glued it over this piece which is a picture of a rug from a magazine.
I like the faint pattern that shows thru.
I think it makes a masculine card. It seems that
mostly men have Bonsai as a hobby. This is something
that my son does. He has gotten quite good at it. He has quite a display
of bonsai plants now.
I have a token bit of orange on the dish and all is on an aqua base card.

This ATC is for Art Pieces...Birds
I love the work that they do on this challenge blog.
This doesn't compare but here it is anyway.


I love this image from MyGrafico. I would link you but their
site is down. It should be up and running again soon.

And, I think this is my favorite of the day.

This tag is for Tuesday Taggers...Retro Heaven.
The image is Deco Art by Gail at Sparkle N Sprinkle.
The image is stamped and embossed in silver. I used bright pink, orange,
aqua and a bit of black for color. I made the acrylic heart using
the technique, HERE. I even tried some doodling on this one. Where
ever it looked empty I either stamped or doodled something. I think
I could have used even more. I'm still learning to do this style which I love.

Denise at Stamping Vacation is making some changes.
Her followers spoke and she listened.
She will be doing a new version of everyone's favorite challenge....Pick 3.
You will have to stop in to see the details.
Denise will also be giving a progressive prize. Uhmmm, that sounds interesting.
And, look who she showcased on her brand new challenge....modest me.
Thank you Denise.


12 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

these are all fabulous. those pink birds are pretty; the tree is stunning and that tag rocks! and congrats on being showcased at stamping vacay! wooo hooo!

hugs,

Emma - A crazy crafter said...

I love your tag Jeanette. Thanks for joining us on TT this week. Emma xx

Gro said...

Love your pink birdATC!! Beautiful image!
Thank you for joining us at Art Pieces this week:)

Gro

Holly said...

oh Jeanette, I really like your first card! It's so very clever to use the magazine picture for the shoji screen! Great combination of challenges too!

Janine said...

Jeanette!! You are so creative!!
Have a great day!

Teri said...

Hiya,
Love your items today. The Retro Tag is brilliant.
Thanks for playing at Tuesday Taggers this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Clarky J said...

Fabulous work - loving the tag thanks for joining us at TT this week xx Janet

LilyPuss Cards said...

This is great..love the Bonsai Stamp and the button...thank you for joining us at Creatalicious hope to see you again..
regards
Jan..xx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! These are all fabulous hun!! So very creative and fun!! Great take on all the challenges!! HUGS

Cheryl said...

Fantastic,love the image and what you have done with the picture!!! great job on the challenge!! Thanks for entering our first challenge and hope to see you at Creatalicious next month!!
Hugs xx

Abby said...

I love your card..the bonzai is so pretty....thanks for joining our first challenge and hope to see you at next month's challenge too.

Abby:)

Bec said...

This is Fabulous.. Thanks for joining us on our first challenge.. Bec