Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, August 28, 2009

What Pink and Red TOGETHER?


Oh, yes, and I like it. At Stamping Vacation this is one of this weeks Pick 3 challenges. Denise gives us a list of 6 items and we pick 3 to use to complete the challenge. Here are my 6 choices:

1) Pink and Red card stock - got it
2) Stencil - got that
3) 2 Punches - got that
4) Cuttlebug folder - I wish I had one
5) Heart Image - I could use this
6) White Brad - Got it but can't see it used here


This card is what I came up with using Pink and Red card stock, 2 punches and a stencil.

The first time I can remember using these two colors together was in high school. My ensemble for that day at school was black capris and a pink blouse. I tried my favorite red Capezio flats with the black and pink. Wow, I liked it. I went one step further and added a red belt. All ready for school. Red is not my favorite color but I do like it. Especially with colors like pink, purple or aqua. For dress up I like wearing black with a big red rose pinned on my shoulder. I've had my same big red rose pin for years. It now has that shabby chic look.

Wow, MyGrafico is finally back online. To celebrate the Design Team will be hosting a whole week of festivities starting on Monday, August 31. We will have a blog hop, contests, prizes.

My friend Vicki has the biggest news. She is going to start her own challenge blog
Saturday Spotlight Way to go Vicki. I'll be there for sure. Right now Vicki is giving away blog candy to celebrate her new challenge blog.

6 comments:

Denise Clark said...

I still can't believe that pink and red can look this good together! :) Love that rose and the lace. Feminine! Great card and thanks for participating in the PICK 3 challenge!

I will definitely stop by to see Vicki! She is very talented and I can't wait to see what surprises she brings us on the new blog!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh this is gorgeous! and i cannot believe you remember what you wore in high school! yikes!

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Now I think this is just beautiful!! I love the pink and red together!! Call me crazy!! :)

Thank you so much for helping to spread the word about my new challenge blog!! I'm looking forward to getting started with it!! :) Hope to see you play!! And good luck with the candy hun!! HUGS

Holly said...

This is really quite a sexy card Jeanette! The red lace is fantastic!

June said...

Beautiful, beautiful work jeanette and this one has such depth and mystery too
hugs June xxx

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Your cards are just beautiful jeannette. :) Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!