Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Grapes of Wrath



That's what I was thinking while making this card this morning. I had to make two cards to finally come up with something that I liked.

This is for Denise's Stamping Vacation Pick 3 Challenge. Denise gives us a list of 6 things to use in making a card. We pick 3 from the list to use. I chose purple, marker & spritz and vellum.
Have you tried the marker and spritz technique for an easy watercolor look? It's quick and easy and I like the results.

This is my 1st Card

It looked terrible. So I added floss. Yuk! I still don't like it. Look at the mess I made of distressing the edge of the card. Back to the drawing board. I stamped out another bunch of grapes onto a white panel. Got rid of the vellum and wrapped some floss around the panel.

My 2nd Card

Finally, something decent. The only problem is, it looks an awfully lot like Denise's card. Honest, Denise, I didn't copy yours. It just worked out that way.

SQUIGGLEFLY BUZZ.....

Beginning tomorrow, right here, bright and early in the morning, I'll be
giving you a sneak peak at a NEW image from a NEW artist at Squigglefly.
Then on Thursday, you will get to see another NEW image.
On Friday, we are having a BLOG HOP to introduce our new artist
and her wonderful line of NEW images. Just wait
until you see what the GRAND PRIZE is going to be.

Let's see.....that takes us up to Friday. Wait, there is still more....
On Saturday, I will be posting my first challenge for you at the
Thats right, I'm going to be the new hostess.
I am so excited.
Join me there for this interesting and fun inspirational challenge.


7 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

I love grapes!! They're purple!! :) Both of your creations are awesome!! Great take on the pick 3 and the image is awesome!!TFS!! HUGS

Danni said...

I like both of them, the first one is just so different, very nice!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

personally i like the 1st one better - it's shabby chic!

the 2d one is very pretty too tho' a little plain. but then, i love everything you do.

hugs,

Holly said...

I think we all have cards that give us fits like this Jeanette. I like both cards!

Heather the Mooselover said...

Fun card I really like the string background.

Denise Clark said...

I really do like both cards. The first one seems to have more personality to it, more of an artsy feel!

Cat said...

Jeanette, you do such beautiful work! Love the colors, fibers, and distressing!