Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

It has been a very busy weekend


Friday was the Squigglefly Blog Hop and Saturday was the day all of Crissy Armstrong's fabulous
new digi stamps were available for download at Squigglefly. Have you gotten yours yet?

Congratulations are in order for Mary. She won all of the new images by Crissy plus matching sentiments. And, if that wasn't enough Crissy added some extras from her personal stash. Way
to go Mary. You can visit Mary at My True Blue Creations.

I also attended the Stamping Boutique Grand Opening. This is the card that I made for their challenge.


This is how my friend Stef posted the challenge rules.
1) tracey provided an image - you can use it or not
2) i provided a sketch - you can use it or not
3) the colors are pink, black & white - you can use it or not
Aren't they a kick. I sort of used the sketch, I used the colors and I definitely used the very cute digi stamp. I did the coloring with permanent markers and gel pens. To make the reflection in the mirror, I cut out the mirror from my image. I duplicated the image, changed it to a mirror image printed it on vellum and colored it. I then put it in pla
ce using my liquid glue pen. A little bling and a sentiment ribbon and my card is ready.
I also sent in a veneer project for the Veneer Challenge at ggdesigns. Wow, there are some mighty nice entries.
I made this pin. It all started with a boo boo. I couldn't let a good piece of veneer go to waste, so I cut it out and trimmed off the boo-boo. I added a pin back with glue dots. The rose is a translucent sticker.
Pin Front

Pin Back


4 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i'm so glad to see you joined us for the SB challenge! and your card is super.

i'm loving that pin! really loving that pin!!!!

question: are those veneers really veneers - like wood? or paper to look like wood????? just curious.

hugs,

Denise Clark said...

Fun, carefree card and I absolutely LOVE that pin! So pretty!

Holly said...

Cute card. Seems like you could have done anything you wanted and it would have fit the challenge! LOL!

Your pin is fun!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So creative and fun!! I love your top project with the new images!! ;) HUGS