Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Small Smaller Smallest


Today I'll be showing you small things.

This is a tag made for
"Be Careful What You Wish For"

The tag itself isn't very dark. But I think that if I wished for a
Prince and got a frog that would be dark.
My background is direct to paper coloring using greens, pinks and Tea Dye inks.
The stamping is all done in Tea Dye Distress ink.
The image is from Dover. I subscribe to their newsletter
and it is full of free clip art.

Alice in Wonderland - Fairy Tale challenge

Here is Rapunzel sending a message to the Prince.
The scroll and window are clip art. The stamp
is from Fairie Song Art Stamps. I did the coloring
with colored pencils.

These next items are refrigerator magnets that
I made for the ggdesign
Veneer Challenge

The base of the magnets are all veneer. The embellishments
are all things that I've found on the beach or in my yard, except for the beads.
My kitchen is red so all but one has a red theme. The natural elements
got a spray of bleach water to kill anything that I didn't
want in my kitchen.

Here is one more veneer magnet all dressed up.


We woke up this morning to a lovely soaking rain. Which is good for
the yard and good for me. All day yesterday I had sinus pressure and a
nagging headache. The rain has made it go away. Yay!

I did have some things that needed to go in the mail
so we made a quick trip to the P.O. and the
grocery store next door. The P.O. is in our local bookstore.
I do most of my mailing there. I get to park in the shade
of beautiful Live Oaks. In fact, if I can, I do all of my errands
in either Litchfield or Pawleys Island. Almost all of the parking
is shady and beautiful. Our last stop was Subway where we got
a 12" tuna sub to split for dinner. I tossed up a quick salad
to go with it. We retired to the TV area and watched
a couple of the new Fall Season shows that we had recorded.
Two and a Half men was very funny as usual. The House
show was interesting but a bit too long.

7 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow! these are beautiful and sooooo creative! i really like the rapunzel and the red veneer. i also love 2-1/2 men. we watched NCIS and the new NCIS Los Angeles. love NCIS and liked the new one. and, of course, dancing with the stars!

hugs,

Yogi said...

The art on the darkside tag is beautiful. Love the background. PS I love frogs, so who knows I might like a frog better than some guys...

Love the veneer fridge magnets. They're gorgeous. And my kitchen is red too. BIG GRIN

Beth Norman said...

Thank you for playing in the challenge. Your card is so adorable. I subscribe to Dover too. It's nice getting free stuff.

Holly said...

You are just so creative Jeanette! Love your magnets, and I agree that having a frog when you wanted a prince would be pretty dark; especially if the frog was as big as this one is compared to the little fairy!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW! I have to ditto what Holly said!! You ARE so creative with all your elements and how you put them together!! I'm amazed by you friend!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!! I love all of these!! HUGS

Cat said...

Sounds like a lovely day! Glad you're feeling better! Gorgeous projects!

Meikoningin said...

What great pieces ! And so versatile :D You showed us that a piece can be dark without dark colours, super !