Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Wings


It was very hard to get a good picture of this. It is tilted so much
to remove the glare.

September Challenge 'Wings'
Dezinaworld is offering a wonderful assortment of her
Designer Paper as a prize.


Lady in the Clouds
My Wings entry uses a photo that was taken by my daughter, Susan.
I think it is one of my all time favorite photos.
It was taken from the Juliet balcony of their hotel room
in Guanajuato, Mexico. She was on vacation there with her
husband Will. The sun is just coming out after a short thunderstorm.
I altered this photo by printing it out twice. The second photo was
used to cut the sunny areas and layer them over the original. The winged
woman is from an ad in a magazine.
This picture hangs on the wall in my sunroom. I never get tired
of looking at it. It brings back wonderful memories
of my visit there a few years back. Susan and I spent a week there and loved
every minute of it. Guanajuato is a wonderful place to visit.

This card is for Flutter By Wednesday
Fairy or Butterfly and flowers

I used the image that Stef designed.
Thank you Stef for the Freebie. I'm loving it.

I love how this turned out. I used my new border punch for the first time. I made
the background paper by stamping a large butterfly randomly over white cs.

8 comments:

Dezinaworld said...

Hi Jeanette, awww wow !! Gorgeous gorgeous work my friend and i agree that photo of your daughters is gorgeous. Thannks for joining in the challenge too
Hugs June xxx

Nicola said...

Ooh I love your creation with Stef´s daffodil, totally awesome and such pretty accents with the ribbon and punching. Wow your sentiment is perfect.
Thank you for playing along at FBW.
Nicola -x-

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i can definitely see why you love that picture of susan. it's beautiful what you did with it.

and, holy crap!!! (you knew i had to get that in there - LOL) i LOVE what you did with my daffodil! it's gorgeous! and using it for FBW is super terrific!

hugs,

Holly said...

Very pretty photo your daughter took Jeanette. I can see why you like looking at it. I love what you did with it too.

The card you made with Stef's flower is such a happy sunny card!

Michelle said...

Wowzers - love your FBW card - so freakin' pretty!! Great use of Stef's image!!! Super job - thanks so much for playing along with the FBW challenge this week!!!

Danni said...

What a pretty card using Stef's image! Very nice! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

treesawardincrafts said...

What a pretty card you have made with Stef's image I think it is a sure winner.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! I can see it in your picture!! That is awesome!!

You've done a gorgeous job with Steph's image!! :) Beautiful colors!! HUGS