Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Being Artsy



Lovely
Aqua, Purple and Silver

The new Soartful challenge for the week is Lovely.
The image is in my sidebar.
Here is my sample


This was all done on my Printmaster. The newest version comes
with so many nice features. At this rate I might never master Photoshop. I was able to freehand crop the image and the bird (I even removed the white between his legs), alter the
background and bird to a lighter color and add the text of my choice.

All art work is welcome at Soartful Challenges.
I'd love to see you there. Don't have a blog....send your entry by email.

Maps

I really had fun with this one. The map came from Google Images.
The rest of the design is done with rubber stamping. Oops, the oyster
is from my Printmaster image collection. Another freehand
crop was done on the oyster to isolate it from a group.
I don't remember where my stork or ginkgo leaves came from.
Or, my Oriental symbols for that matter. But, the Ume flower
is from CowTown Stamps. The stamping is all done in Brick Red
dye based ink and lightly colored with colored pencil.
And, all oysters should have a pearl.

!!! NEWS NEWS NEWS !!!

Squigglefly is releasing new images today.




11 comments:

herminesplace said...

Both are lovely

CelticWoman said...

looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for taking the Play Date Cafe Challenge with us. Sandi

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh how fun. i just might play in the soartful challenge just to have fun with my printmaster!

hugs,

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

lovely pieces, your Japan collage is fantastic!

msfreida said...

These are both AMAZING, Jeanette! You can really tell you're enjoying that Printmaster! They are sooo artistically done...TOTALLY AMAZING! WOW! :)

Hugs~

Julie Ranae said...

Really beautiful entry for the challenge...so glad you found us and SO glad that you are joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Julie said...

Such beautiful and artistic work, Jeanette! So glad you played this week at the Play Date Cafe'--can't wait to see what you come up with next week!

peggy gatto said...

Your art is lovely to look at!!
Thanks for the so art fullll challenges!

1CardCreator said...

Both of your challenge pieces are lovely! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

*Alison* said...

WOW.. this is so beautiful. I LOVE the vintage feel and it all flows so well.. thanks for playing with us at The Cafe.. HUGS :)

~I am holding DT tryouts.. I HOPE you will come take a look.. I have FREE digital stamps there too.. a new one is added each Wed.. blog candy top sidebar.. :)

Rein said...

These are both very pretty.