Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

I'm in Love....


With my new bead roller
from Chuck at C-5 Creations

A few days ago I said that I would be rolling some beads
so I could try out this new bead tool.
My results are in....I love this handy dandy little gizmo.
I was doing the actual bead rolling faster than you could say 'roll that bead'.
It's the slotted quill that makes it all so easy.



First, I chose my printed paper. I made my cut pattern on the back.


Here are my cut pieces.



After coating the strip well with white glue, I inserted the large
end in the bead roller slot. This held the paper straight
while I rolled my bead. It works like magic.

I gently removed the rolled bead from the quill and set to
dry on a piece of parchment paper. Chuck has drying stands available.

Here are my completed beads after a coat
of high gloss glaze. They really could have used
a few more coats. I used Aleene's Glaze-it
in a high gloss finish. But any type of glaze will work well.

Here is a Christmas pin that I made with my wonderful
hand made beads.


Next time, I will take the time to put on more coats of gloss.
I would also use a heavier weight paper. For my first try I used
copy paper. I made a pin but you could use
these beads in many ways. I'm making an art doll and
maybe a few paper beads will be included in the design.

I need a bit more practice making beads so I'll be reading
the links below.

Explore Making Paper Beads


My Thanks to:

Charlotte, ggdesigns, for the bead roller.
Chuck for designing such a fun and useful tool.




4 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holy moly! me drawing, you beading!!!! did aliens take over our bodies when we weren't looking???? all this new talent coming out of us!

that tree pin is gorgeous! i absolutely love it.

hugs,

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

Hi Jeanette! Sorry I've been out of touch so long :) I so LOVE theese beads, so neat! And what a cool idea to have on a card - have to try that one day *hugz*

msfreida said...

Oh this is right up my alley! I will definitely give this a try! Your beads are sooo cool and I LOVE how you used them on the pin! :) Oh how I wish we lived closer to each other so we could play together! ;)

Hugs~

Cat said...

Your beads are simply beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial.