Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm a Sweety Girl

I'm a Sweety Girl Set is the prize this week
Monday...Color Challenge
Wednesday...Sketch Challenge
Child

Joyeux Noel
is the lovely image that I got from
I made this for two challenges
Make Your Own Masterboard
Purple
There is purple in there because I used lavender card stock,
lavendar/pink colored pencil and lavender ink to use in the distressing.
It has quite a purple cast in person.

Now, for the masterboard. I read Vicki's tutorial on how to make
your own background paper. Easy Peasy. I printed out a lovely piece
of parchment paper (a gift from my friend Lois), gathered the stamps
that I wanted to use and chose Distress Vintage Ink to stamp with.
I started with my largest stamp first and just filled up the parchment
paper with stamping. I can't believe how quickly this card came
together. And best of all....I really like it.

Do you feel in need of some shopping?
RubberstampAve is having its Annual 50% Off Unmounteds SALE.

Just for fun here is a beautiful picture of a Golden Eagle

My brother says the eagle is fishing along the Bull River in Montana.


12 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Jeanette!! I just adore your top card with that little girl!! :) Your second card is so stunning!! Love those images and your awesome masterboard lady!! You rocked the challenge!! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight!! HUGS

Cheryl said...

these are just gorjus love the masterboard thank you for joining us at incy designs this week hope to see you again love cheryl xxxx

msfreida said...

OH YES, she is a Sweety Girl! She is ADORABLE and I love your coloring! FABULOUS DPs too! :) Your second card is BRILLIANT! FANTASTIC job on your background paper! AWESOME arrangement!

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i love it here! i almost hate to leave because you just amaze me. fabulous!

hugs,

treesawardincrafts said...

I love that master board, or background paper for the second card. I will have to check out the tutorial. Your first card is great too. Two very different feels to the colouring and mood of the cards. Brilliant.

Martha said...

sooo cute!

Gro said...

Great card
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts

Danni said...

Great projects and love the photo!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These cards are so stunning!! I love your first image!! YOur masterboard turned out gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us this week at the SSHP. YOur cards are a real inspiration!!

Jules said...

Loving your sweety girl - she has a really "cheeky" face.

Just great for a child.

Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous vintage masterboard, perfect for accenting this wonderful image! Thanks for playing in this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge!!

Chris (catt871) said...

This is STUNNING!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Just gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs this week!!!