Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mythical Dreams and Butterflies


Mythological Horrors

We were given quite an array of ideas to use for our inspiration.
My creation isn't all that dark or full of horrors, but, I think
if I ever saw this in a dream I'd be just a bit horrified.
I really had fun doing this one. I started with the black & white
futuristic city and I just kept adding these unusual but
colorful creatures. My fave is the little guy coming from the
space ship. I titled it Psycho-delic.

Now, I'm practicing my watercolor technique for the challenge

It isn't as easy as you would think when you use
a solid stamp. I either have the image too dry or too wet. Where is
that in between, just perfect spot? I do like the effect of spritzing the
stamp again for another stamping or two. To finish this project
up, I need to head for the craft store and get more really good
watercolor paper. I'm all out of my good stuff and it sure makes
a big difference in the results.

has started an online class in
Coloring with Colored Pencils
The link will take you to her first class.
Be sure to give Beth's blog a good look, click on her tabs, there
is lots of good information and some very pretty art work.
She has challenges, too.



8 comments:

msfreida said...

Oh WOW, Jeanette! Your "Art on the Darkside" is AMAZING! I think my favorite is the spaceship guy too...It's a good thing my oldest son hasn't seen this...he'd want it for a black-light poster!

When you find that perfect spot with the watercoloring, let me know...this ALWAYS frustrates me! Your examples look AWESOME to me! :)

Hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! Lady, your artwork is just amazing!! You have such a unique talent and I love the ideas you come up with!! TFS!! HUGS

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow! i just never know what i'm gonna find here. you sure intrigue me - more and more!

hugs,

Denise Clark said...

Looks like you are having such fun with this. I'm so glad. Fun, fun card!

In response to your post on my blog: Jeanette, you keep doing what you're doing. Life is too short to worry about the weeds so much. Anyway, hubby says weeds can be flowers too. It's all in the way you look at them! :)

treesawardincrafts said...

Ar har! I saw the newer post before I saw this one. "Now" I understand. I love how the butterflies turned out.

Leila Gervais said...

This is absolutely beautiful and so intriguing! So many clever pieces within this scene, I love it!!

WildGoose said...

The idea of using a futuristic city as back-drop is inspired...I would have never thought of using mythic-like imagery in such an amusing and whimsical way,,,think I"d have gone the route of ecological/genectic-manipulated horror-to-come or something of that darker ilk!Clever take!

Meikoningin said...

Lovely and refreshing to get a bright and colourful contribution for our challenge :) Great work !