Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Snowflakes and Stars


Stars

My Gothic Arch combines both digital and stamping.
I'm having so much fun doing these challenges.

That takes care of the stars now on to snowflakes.

Digital Ink...Sketch
Creatalicious...Snowflakes and glitter

Huh, both of those beads are the same color. They sure didn't scan that way.


Well, Denise, I really don't have very many punches. In fact, I think my
snowflakes are starbursts...so we'll call them stylized snowflakes.
I picked 3 punches that best matched the
ones from a list of six. I came up with this card using a
combination of stamping, embossing and punches.
Oh, the sentiment is an out and out lie...I don't love snow.
I lived in a snowy climate for over 20 years. We decided to
retire where it was warm. Ahhhh, balmy South Carolina, Love It.

A freebie blog was just brought to my attention by
Late Night Stampers. The site is
Crafter's Kitchen. Jak Heath is also involved
with fundraising for meningitis. Jak is a designer and does
gorgeous art work. The freebies are interspersed throughout
her blog. Here is just a sample.

Don't you just love those shoes.

25 comments:

Willy said...

Beautiful and funny arch!

msfreida said...

Stopping by your blog is ALWAYS a treat! I NEVER know what to expect :)and that's what makes it so fun! The arch is SOOO CREATIVE....LOVE that eye! Your punched designs are FABULOUS too! Your comment about the snow sentiment cracked me up! I LOVE snow, but it's only because we don't ever get much down south!

Hugs~

Ilonka Broersen said...

Beautiful arch.

Denise Clark said...

Jeanette, I see a heart, scallops and snowflakes so I think you did a terrific job! :) I love that the heart is the only color part! Looks great!

Thanks so much for participating in the PICK 3 Challenge. I love your work!

carylsrealm said...

Very cool arch!

Yogi said...

very nice. Interesting what a scanner does hey!!

Also love the lettering on the "eye in the sky"

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i love what you did for denise's challenge! you are just full of surprises.

hugs,

Deborah March said...

Great arch!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Love your gothic arch!! Awesome!! The snoflakes are so pretty!! Such creative work as always dear!! HUGS

Femmy said...

great arch!!!

Flipsi said...

it's so beutiful!

Dezinaworld said...

Gosh Jeanette you are so versatile and i adore the work you do its gorgeous
hugs June xxx

Nancy Maxwell James said...

your arch has a fabulous design and awesome images! so glad you played with us! :)

Abby said...

Your card is so pretty and elegant. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Creatilicious...hope you'll join us next month.

Abby:)

Holly said...

Each card is so different from the other, but they are all fantastic Jeanette. I especially love you snowflakes one.

Amy said...

Your cards are all magical!!! Great art cards

Cat said...

Gorgeous cards, Jeanette! I especially like the blue and white! Simple yet elegant! :)

Athena said...

What a fun arch! I like that eye!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

The eye is a great feature on your lovely arch!!

Effie said...

I love your 'eye in the sky'
fab arch

vintage wil said...

What a beautiful work!!

Judy said...

Hi Jeanette,

This a love card!! Thank you so much for entering it in our Digital-Ink Co Challenge this week. A very good luck to you!

stitchy said...

Jeanette,
Your cards are very cool, thank you for sharing them with us at our challenge this week at DICO..good luck..
hugz
stitchy

Kim said...

Fabby card! Thanks for playing this week at Digital Ink Co!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous,love the snowflakes and glitter!!! thanks for joining us at creatalicious.
hugs xx