Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Specials




This is a new group and the name pretty much says it all.

The technique for this challenge is to make our own
border design. It really is easy and the results are wonderful.
My border is more of an accent. If you visit the group there
is a tutorial and samples.
I'll be using this technique many times in the future.



You can see where I made an accent border under the image. I used a small
leaf stamp and a small flower stamp.
The image is from Fairie Song Art Stamps. I stamped in chalk ink and
colored with chalks.

Nightmare Before Christmas

After deciding not to go with the Tim Burton movie, I settled on
"A Christmas Carol". Now that story is all about having a nightmare.
Every year my husband watches the original movie. I've never been much
into Dickens at all. At Christmas time I prefer to watch Holiday Inn with
Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire.


All of the images in the piece are from Google images except the Christmas
tree. The tree is cropped from a Christmas scene on Printmaster.
After printing, I distressed with Vintage Tea Dye ink.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

3 comments:

msfreida said...

Jeanette, you continue to amaze me! These are truly pieces of art! SOOO CREATIVE! Keep it up GF!

Hugs~

Jennifer said...

Great stuff!

Meikoningin said...

What a cool piece you made ! The Dickens stories are very dark indeed, sadness, murder, orphans, he has written about it all, a very cool take on the challenge, well done :D