Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanks and Blue


I is for Indigo Blue

I'm Blue


Indigo blue is more intense than the blue that I used, but....
Here is a sample of Indigo blue in the South Carolina State Flag.


Indigo was a very important crop in South Carolina.
One of the largest plantations for growing rice and indigo is
only about 2 hrs away from my home in the Charleston area.

I love the stamp that I used for the card. Unfortunately, I don't know
where it came from. The rose is from Inkadinkado.
I was really pleased to see my last week's snowflake card
in Created By Hands sampler.

Thank You
Thank You


The lovely digital image that I used for this is from the
wonderful artist Teresa Ward. I love visiting her blog. She
not only shares her art and has wonderful tutorials, she lives in
Spain by the sea. Just a few days ago she treated all of us to a wonderful
pictorial of the Sardine Festival held in her town.

Are you ready for the Black Friday sales?
Every once in awhile SC gives us a tax free holiday for
shopping. Once, it fell on Black Friday. Can you visualize the crowds?
We were taking my daughter and son-in-law to the airport that
day. OMG! The parking lots were overflowing and cars were
parked willy nilly along the roads.





10 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

these are all super and i just love what you did with teresa's image. she is one super lady!

i am not a fan of black friday - never was. however, the boutique is having a 50% off ALL images today only. why not drop by and take a look. i guarantee NO CROWDS and plenty of parking space!

hugs,

Yogi said...

Very nice cards. Love the one you made for Created By Hand. The rose looks like it's one of those watercolor stamped techniques.

treesawardincrafts said...

I just came back from shopping and decided to check what everyone's been up to. Imagine my surprise when I was looking though the 300 odd posts that I have to check while I have been busy cat sitting, and then I saw this!

I simply love how you have used this image, it is so wonderful to see it coloured in, and embellished how you have done it. You are so very kind in your dedication to me hun.

Hugs muchly

TeresaW

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x

Danni said...

Neat creations!!

Sandy said...

Wow really wonderful creations.
Fantastic work.

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous creations thank you so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Susie Sugar said...

This is a stunning card great image and fabby colouring
Hugs Susie xx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Jeanette!! WOW!! All of your creations are so stunning hun!! I love the blue tone ones!! thanks for joining us at Stamp Something!! HUGS

Tracey said...

Pretty cards Jeanette, well done :)

Hugs
Tracey
x