Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Embossed Leaves


December Sketch by
Arlene Challenge



It took me almost the whole month to get this card
made for the challenge. The image that I used
is from ggdesigns. I'm in really good company
in the Gazette so be sure to stop in and visit. There
is still time to join in. The more the merrier.

The leaf is stamped in clear embossing ink and sprinkled with
antique powder mix with just a pinch of copper and heat embossed.
I used the copper to blend with the reddish tones in the bark. That
is real curled bark that I found near a tree in a shopping center parking lot.
I brought home an envelope full. It is so pretty but fragile.
The flower is a paper flower embellished with a heart and a key.
The word love is also metal. The sticker strips are for the vertical
element in the sketch. I just couldn't
work a couple of the sketch elements in to this design. This is
the sketch by Arlene.


If you would like to see some very nice crafting....visit
I just posted the 'Monday Mix'.
!!! Wow !!!

I just made my first post on the Going Green Crafters and Artists Blog
I see some friends of mine are already posting there.


I've been watching some Beginners Copic Tutorials.
It is really interesting to see how each instructor does
her coloring. I've learned a lot....now to be able
to transfer that to paper.

and

I haven't gotten to my bead making yet....but I will soon.

1 comment:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Your card is stunning and well worth all the time you spent on it!
You are my kinda gal finding treasure in your travels (especially from mother nature) to create with!
Happy Holidays to you and yours!