Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Fairies, Snowman, Hearts and a Butterfly


One of two new Buttons available
at Flutter By

Open Theme
Big things are happening there
on Jan 6th to celebrate the move
to a new address.
I'll be there.

Image Provided
Actually, 2 are provided use
one or both.

Flying

I colored this image using my pastel chalks. I just love the look but
it isn't the easiest to do especially if you are coloring with a Q-tip.
I need some of those neat little sponges on a stick.
The two panels have been distressed with scissors.
The trim piece and roses have just the right colors to go with the
coordinating papers.

Winter Dazzling Diamonds for Snow
Let It Snow
Snowman

Here is my entry. My snowman came from Google images.
My pretty snowflake came in a recent Christmas card and I
don't know where I picked up the white net. The stars are silver
not black which is how they show up here. Everything has
a bit of diamond glitter added.

Red
This is a challenge site that I just found. I like
to support as many challenges as I can. I know what it is like
to have a challenge and have no one come.



I like how this one turned out. It was pretty quick, too. A scrap
of printed paper, heart stickers and fiber wrapped
around the top.
This pretty paper just came in a scrap exchange packet.
I couldn't resist this pretty pattern. I took this
and a couple of others and replaced them with something
from my scrap stash and will be sending it on.
It will be going to Malaysia, its final stop.

Are you making a New Year's resolution? I don't usually but
I am this year. It should be "I resolve to lose 15 pounds" but it
isn't. My resolution is to catalog all of my new unmounted stamps.
I have so many and they are so unorganized I can't find what I want. Then
maybe I will be stamping more often. I also like to flip
through the pages of my catalog and just look at them.
It's like one big collage.

20 comments:

Avril Ann said...

I love your cards, and I have to say that I prefer Q-tips (what we call cotton buds, here in Scotland) than the sponges that come with chalks....love the effect you have got....many thanks for joining us at Tuesday Taggers this week, and hope that you are looking forward to a fab New Year. Hugs Avril xxx

Cuchy said...

You matched all the challenges perfectly. Beautiful art pieces.

Cheryl said...

wow love your cards and your detail is brilliant,they are so beautifully designed and detailed too hugs cheryl xx
happy new year too x

Cora said...

I love your cards. They are so detailed. Thanks for sharing!

Cora said...

I love your cards. They are so detailed. Thanks for sharing!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i absolutely love all of them! that tag is super fabulous!

a very happy, joyous and blessed new year to you and lorne. thank you so much for being such a great friend. you are truly treasured!

hugs,

msfreida said...

Oh I have missed you, GF! Dec has been just too busy for me and I am so ready to get back in my routine! Your blog always amazes me with your incredible talent and I have definitely missed the inspiration! Your cards and ATC here are no exception! Absolutely stunning, my friend! Many blessings to you and yours in the new year.

Hugs~

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful cards and your colors are soft and stunning. Beautiful designs and expressions!

Rhonda said...

Your cards are all lovely! Your ATC is terrific - isn't it fun when it all goes together in a flash; the little fairies are so sweet and your snowman card is cute, the snowflake is perfect. Happy 2010!

Kelly said...

your cards are beautiful!

Christine said...

This is beautiful! Best wishes for a happy 2010!

Danni said...

What wonderful creations! Can't wait to see your work for the flutter by team!

Kimberly S said...

Lovely cards and what a beautiful job on your faeries. Awesome job with your chalk and Q-tip! :)

Silvia said...

Wonderful work, all of them. Happy New Year to you.

Faye said...

Jeanette, those cards are fabulous. Love the butterflies. Also, the pastel piece is beautifully colored. Maybe sponge tips would be easier than cotton. I don't have any myself. Pastels give such a soft look to a piece. This is beautiful.

Evelyn S. said...

Your cards are wonderful....and I especially love that fantastic red ATC!

Kris said...

That Angel card is sooooo sweet!! Can't believe you colored it with a Q-tip... that's fascinating!! =D Thanks for joining us at Flutter by! hugs, Kris

Michelle said...

A great entry for Tuesday Taggers this week, thanks for playing out at our blog.
Hope 2010 brings you all you would wish for yourself
x Michelle

Clarky J said...

Some gorgeous cards here and I just love your blog header too! Thanks for playing along with TT this week x Janet

CJ said...

very cute card....you did an awesome job....i have become a follower and would love for you to join mine...
hugs
CJ
my creator name is
Cowgirl Up Stamps
stitchybearstamps.com
here is my blog addy
http://stampenwithcj.blogspot.com/