Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Girls



This is the sweet princess image we were given to use
for the DT call. I didn't make the team but I see 3
of my friends there now. Lori, DT coordinator and
Jane who I know from Cardmakers.
Also, Kym who I know from another DT.

This is the card that I made.
Just a little tidbit about the background image.
Right about the level of the princess is a line
of knights storming this castle. When I altered
the picture to make it faint and dreamy, thank goodness,
they were gone.



Stretch N' Bubbles has some very nice digi stamps.

Domestic Goddess



My first thought for Domestic Goddess was Rosanne. But,
I quickly passed on that one.
I started with the original image from Printmaster and
started adding and adding. I added the cups, teapot, plates, medallion half,
sentiment and arch background. I did alter a few of the colors to
blend better. I kind of like my little Domestic Goddess in training.


If you're like me and buying yourself a set of Copics....
here is a web site for you. It is the monthly In Touch at
Ellen Hutson, LLC. It's all about Copic colors.
Very interesting.

And, if you need to whip up a quick and easy gift for
someone....this one can be made in one evening.


If you didn't want to add mini photos, I can see this all
decorated with sentiments and stamped images.
A nice gift for someone.

This morning we are off to buy a new ceiling fan cover
for my almost finished redecorated bathroom.
We are taking a little mini day trip to Conway for
this. It is supposed to be a lovely day and I'd also
like to stroll their pretty boardwalk along the
Waccamaw River. It is a beautiful example
of the wide lazy rivers that are here in the South.


10 comments:

Softpencil said...

You make beautiful works and have a nice blog Jeanette! Welcome to GGCAA!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i love your princes and your arches are just fabulous. how different.

hugs,

Terri said...

Love what you did with the arch. All the elements and colors. and your image is wonderful. Really terrific.

Holly said...

Jeanette, I love the softness you achieved in the background on your first card. The princess is colored nicely too! Great accordion book!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! What a really soft and elegant creation!! I really love your roses added to it!! Love those accordian books...so fun!! ;) HUGS

Jan said...

Your arch is just adorable. Love the concept of "in training". My daughter never got that and she'd 39! HA
Great blog site and lovely work!

Effie said...

great arch... great interpretation

Martina2801 said...

This is amazing!
Gorgeous arch.

Danni said...

Love the first card, gorgeous!

Lynifyni said...

Gorgeous arch! LynnF