Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

"It was the night before Christmas ....



....and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring
not even a mouse"

Well, don't you believe it. I've been pretty
busy this day before Christmas.

Pick 3
Metallic

My beautiful background paper is 'Luxury Antiqued' from
Dezinaworld I have splotched it up some with gold embossing.
The scan isn't doing that justice at all...it is really quite pretty.
The cat is from CowTown Stamps. There are a couple
of unadvertised Grab Bags on special at CowTown Stamps News Blog.
My kittie is stamped on gold metallic paper and the silver paper
is from a candy wrapper.

On to Roma for some Fun for Theme Thurs
and Mail Art for 3 Muses (Ooops, I'm late)

This is a vintage postcard mailed from Rome in 1961. The
note is in Italian but it is addressed in English to an
address in Washington D.C.
I love the postcard just as it is but I couldn't miss a
chance to try a some collage. I added the women sitting
holding the fish, nearby lyre, balloon under the arch, woman with
lyre in the passage way and the floral border. All was distressed
with Distress Vintage Photo ink.
I equate travel with FUN and who wouldn't have fun
in Rome.

"Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight"

10 comments:

Faye said...

Gorgeous, Jeanette. You've done a remarkable job of adding people and colors to this vintage postcard. It's beautiful. Have a merry Christmas down there in SC. I went to Murrell's Inlet once and it is indeed a lovely place.

Taluula said...

You can never be too late, and this is gorgeous.

Merry Christmas my friend.

Linda said...

Beautiful Jeanette.

Just want to wish you a Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

Kelly said...

lovely creations!

Kris Dickinson said...

Beautiful work! Have a very Merry Christmas! - Kris

peggy gatto said...

I love your metallic!!!
the postcard art is remarkable!!!
thanks for your pretty creations.
Enjoy your christmas!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh these are just fabulous! and i wouldn't expect otherwise!

had to take hubby to the hospital. seems he decided to have a mild heart attack. I AM FINE! they'll be putting a stent in tomorrow.

hugs to lorne too.

José said...

Very beautiful!

Denise Clark said...

Jeanette, your PICK 3 card is terrific! More comments on my blog where your card is being featured as one of the PICK 3 TOP 3!

Amy said...

Love the metallic cat..very neat