Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Last Minute Shopping



If things had been up and running smoothly I would be posting
my shopping grandma for the Saturday sketch challenge.
But, unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, Robyns Fetish
Shop is off line. I will notify you when it is back up and
open for business.
Until then enjoy this card and look for your
Wacky Weds FREEBIEs and Saturday challenge cards
right here.

The Pen Challenge
is open right through the holidays.
I hope you are inspired to join in.
Here is how I used my pen for this challenge.


Artastic Challenges has a monthly inspirational challenge. December
uses Vermeer's beautiful portrait "Girl With the Pearl Earring".


I'm not entering the challenge but Pearl Earring
reminded me of my visits to Sea World San Diego.
Back then, late 60s, they had Japanese Pearl Divers that
would dive for oysters.

The divers were so graceful to watch. This exhibit has since
been replaced. But, I have this beautiful pearl to remind me
how much I liked watching the divers.

My little baggie is marked 7.5 and the pearl was valued
at $21. I don't know why I never had it mounted as a ring
or a pin. It just sits in my jewelry box.

1 comment:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

fun card; stunning pen and awesome pearl. i remember the first time i went to sea world and watched the divers. i paid $7 and was lucky enough to get an oyster with 2 pears - and 7 mm to boot! i had them made into earrings and to this day they're still my favorite.

hugs,