Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Vintage Pearls


Vintage

End of the Year Open Theme


I really enjoy working in this style. I love taking a little scrap of this
and a little scrap of that and putting it all together. The elements for
this card came from a beautifully decorated vest that I bought
at a thrift store in Redding, CA. This was during my visit
to my Mom in October.
I hated to cut it up but the vest is way to tiny
to fit me. I added a few more pearls, gold thread and the cherubs.
And, I still have lots of the vest left for future projects.

My projects for today are.....
to make a few beads with my newest bead rollers.
I have 3 sizes now, large, medium and tiny. I'm going to
use all the sizes today. My nifty bead rollers come from


I will have show and tell on the beads in a day or two.
I have an earlier blog, HERE, aptly titled "I'm in Love",
because I love my bead rollers, where you will find
instructions and pictures on how I make rolled paper beads.

And, I want to play with my new Copics.
Merry Christmas to ME.


8 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

ok. this is my ultimate favorite of yours! i love EVERYTHING about it... the beads, the pearls, the lace. i love, love, love it!

hugs,

Holly said...

So pretty Jeanette! I admire people who can take pieces of this and that and put it together to form something so pretty!

Yogi said...

What a gorgeous piece. I've never bought clothing at thrift stores. I don't even use clothing to scavenge stuff, other than buttons. But you did a great job with yours.

Good presents. I love my set of bead rollers. And copics, haven't played with mine in a while, should resurrect them again.

June said...

Hi Jeanette, thanks so much for your lovely welcome back :)
love your beautiful delicate lacy piece and what a great idea the bead rollers are. I shall have to look into that
hugs June xxxxx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOAH!!! This is just AMAZING hun!! I love it!! Love the pretty pearls and vintage design!! You're so good at putting these things together!;) Wanted to be sure to wish you a VERY Merry Christmas to you and yours if I don't catch you before then!! HUGS

Danni said...

Gorgeous!!

Maria Matter said...

Oh Jeanette, this is stunning!!! a beautiful piece of artwork!!

I wanted to stop by and Wish you a Very Merry Christmas!

blessings, Maria

Hella said...

WOw this is STUNNING. Love every item in it. Great piece of art.