Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Flowers and Pinecones


Some days just don't get off to a very good start and today is one of them.
First, I ran out of ink and went to put in my new cartridge....and....
if was for my husband's printer. Phooey. Then I locked up
my keyboard and couldn't type until my husband unlocked it
for me. Sometimes when I'm thinking about what to write, I
hold the shift key down and this locks my keyboard if I don't catch myself
and release it in time. I can never remember how to undo the damage.
So husband to the rescue again!
Now, I'm up and running again.

Arch with Angel
This is a fun challenge. Each month there is a theme.
This month is arches. Then weekly there is a theme
within a theme. This week Angels.

This is what I made.

The angel image is from Digital Two for Tuesday from a
few Tuesdays ago. I did the coloring with colored pencils.
The image is cut out and glued to the background paper.
The tiny flowers came from a tidbit baggie from a
yard sale. The bag was marked 10 cents. I still have
tons of them left to use another day. I also used
an apricot colored sheer ribbon.

Metallics
The pinecone stamp is from ggdesigns. I just love ggdesigns stamps.
I have quite a few in my collection. gg is a fun site to visit....
there are lots of stamps, a monthly challenge, tutorials
and meet the artists page.

I stamped and heat embossed with gold metallic powder. The
coloring is all done with my Pearlescent Water color paints in greens
copper and gold. For an embellishment I used copper metallic floss.


I've become interested in the Zetti style. Well, here is a wonderful
blog to visit, Bling-kin-eck. So much fun stuff to see there.

Off, to Walmart now to buy ink for MY printer. They are
the only store open at the early a.m. hour. When we are finished there
should be someplace open for breakfast by then. Yummy!












7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous creation, Jeanette!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh these are fabulous. i love the colors in the angels card and i just love those pinecones.

have a yummy breakfast!

hugs :)

Dawn said...

How adorable, love your arch and those images..

thanks for joining us on SCD

Dawn

Carol said...

great take on our angels theme for this week...thank you for joining us at SCD...hope to see you again soon.

msfreida said...

These are both FABULOUS, Jeanette! SOOO CREATIVE! The angels/arch looks SOOO PRETTY with the ribbon and flowers! Your coloring is unbelievable! The one with the pine cones is sooo elegant with the embossing and your touch with the paints! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! :)

Hugs~

melody said...

what a fabulous arche chickie! i adore those angels and the color scheme is just scrumtpious! thanks for joining in the challenge this week

hugz
melody

Gingersnap Stampers said...

Stunning! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Metallic Challenge!