Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, January 22, 2010

On the Soft and Subtle Side of Things


My first soft and subtle creation is for

Waiting for Spring
Leftovers


For this piece I used a leftover scrap from my stash.
I did the coloring with chalks. I'm getting pretty good with
my trusty Q-tip. I love the soft look of chalks.
I have lots of tiny frogs in my yard. I find them sunning on
leaves of plants or clinging to the side of the house. They are such
a pretty color of green and they have yellow on them too.
One day 3 cuties were sunbathing on a big canna leaf.
I scared one and it jumped to the ground and promptly
turned yellow. I didn't know they did that.

My next soft and subtle piece is for

Travel
Wings

This was all done in my software program Printmaster. I'm still working
on learning Photoshop. A long process for me.


Let's have some FUN at
Robyns Fetish new Forum that is just
starting. So grab your blinkie and join in the fun.

At Soartful Challenges, I have a Sidebar Gallery full of wonderful
entries for the challenges. Each image is linked to its talented artist.
Everyone is welcome to enter these challenges. I'd
love to post your entry in the Sidebar Gallery.

I just found this neat flower tutorial. These flowers
are made from used dryer sheets.
Check it out at Creations With Love.

16 comments:

sam21ski said...

Lovely creation Jeanette

Thanks for playing along with Lotstodo this week - Sam xxx

crafty creations said...

Hi Jeanette and thanks for joining the Lotstodo Challenge again theis week with this beautiful piece of work xx Hilda

msfreida said...

Oh these are FABULOUS! The one with the frogs is SOOO AWESOME with the frogs dancing a jig, and look at that moon! WOW! We have lots of frogs too, but they're the big ones that keep us up at night with their "love calls"! You really have that chalking technique down pat, GF!

When you "get" the Photoshop down, you need to pass some vibes to me! Wayyy too complicated for this ole brain! You and your Printmaster make an AWESOME team! This is AMAZING! What a clever and GORGEOUS design!

Have an awesome weekend...I'm off to check out those flowers made with dryer sheets! Thanks for the link! :)

Hugs~

Yogi said...

both cards are beautiful. Love the frogs (which I'm partial to). Didn't know they turned a different color either.
That is so neat with the suitcases carried on the back of the butterfly.

Nice coloring on both too BIG GRIN.
Now I have to check out the flower from dryer sheets. I've been making flowers using my Nestabilities dies.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i hope you know how very talented you are!!! these are fabulous. love the frog story too.

hugs :)

Hermine said...

Both are lovely!

Janine said...

Gorgeous Jeanette!! Have a wonderful weekend.

Holly said...

Jeanette, I'll say you're getting good with the q tips! The first card is just stunning! I love it!

Clarky J said...

I love your use of chalks too! Thanks for joining in at TT this week x Janet

Robyn said...

I like your card. Is that an original drawing? Keep 'em coming,
I love chalks and my pan pastels-they have great little applicators.
blessings,
Robyn

Jaqi said...

Aw 2 lovely pieces, those little frogs are so delightful, and you used a q-tip to colour the picture? Wow , ive tried many times and cant get a neat enough finish so hats off to you for doing such a neat job. Jaqi

Diane said...

Lovely pieces, Jeanette! Diane

Avril Ann said...

How great to have frogs in your gardens, you are so lucky, I love how you have chalked that image, so soft...you really are getting on with those (Cotton Buds...LOL), many thanks for joining us at TT this week. Hugs Avril xxx

Cora said...

Thanks for sharing your creations. They are beautiful.

Cuchy said...

Both are beautiful. Love the colouring.

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Jeanette, you have made two lovely creations. Thank you for taking the time to make a card for the challenge I was Guest Designer for. I um'd and ah'd at what medium to use for mine but in the end chose my Promarkers. I think I need to get some of the Q-tips (or whatever they might be called here in the UK) as I love the effect of chalks but find it difficult getting into tight spaces. Thanks again for taking part. Best wishes, Kym xxx