Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Squigglefly is having...

Summer in January
that is this week's challenge at
Be sure to see all the beautiful cards that the DT
has on display.

Here is mine
I'm also submitting it to
Green-Rose

I chose the sweet Rose image by Angie Davis of Squigglefly.
After printing and coloring I cut the Roses into 3 1 1/4" squares Everything
has been distressed by sanding and direct to paper stamping. That
is why I chose the sentiment 'tattered roses'. The coloring is done
with colored pencil. My embellishments are 3 pink paper roses that
I darkened with the same ink that I used in distressing. I also
added a bit of gold floss.

Inspiration Challenge
We were given a background and a girl to
spark are imagination.

Which I think is sorely lacking in this piece that I made.
I cropped the girl from her background and placed her
on the larger background provided. I added the word girl
in colors to match. My last step was to give parts of the girl
a touch of blue with colored pencil. Oh, before printing I added
a water filter for added distress. The flower and bead are
really a soft blue gray to match, not the plain gray that
is shown here. That darn scanner!

As for summer in January....well not here in Murrells Inlet.
It is rainy and blustery. Has been since the wee hours
of the morning.





11 comments:

msfreida said...

WOW, Jeanette! These are SOOO AWESOME! LOVE how you used the SF image...fabulous color combo and layout! The other piece is BEAUTIFUL too! LOVE the touch of blue! I'm rushing this morning...eck!

Hugs~

Sally said...

Fabulous!

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Jeanette, both of these are so beautiful and I much prefer them to some of the "darker" things that you do, but that's why I like your blog, you do lots of different things

k x

vintage wil said...

Oh this is so beautiful!!!!

vintage wil said...

What a beautiful piece!!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

love the rose card. those flowers are a super touch.

the little girl is quite stunning too.

hugs :)

Dawn Edwards said...

Jeanette I think you did a fabulous job on your Card. That girl creation is so beautiful. It has a great vintage feel.

Holly said...

Jeanette, I love your rose card! The distressing and layout make it look old fashioned. It's really a sweet card.

Carola/Schokofee said...

I like both cards!
Thanks for joining Paperminutes!

Carola
*schoki*

Danni said...

Lovin' the roses!!

Hermine said...

Its gorgeous