Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Touches of Black

Saturday I posted this week's
The Little Black Dress

This is the sample that I made for the Challenge.
The fashion icon Chanel was my inspiration for this piece.

Soartful provides the image and a prompt to get you started.
You are free to take the image (to use or not) and the prompt
and let your creativity flow.
Soartful has also added a sampler for the week called
The Extra Specials
and
now we have a sponsored monthly draw. Every one that
enters a piece for a challenge during the month is eligible.
This month our sponsor is
I hope to see you there.

Da Vinci

He is widely considered to be one of the greatest painters of all time and perhaps the most
diversely talented person ever to have lived

I Googled Da Vinci images and I chose to use
his Codex for my piece and the image of Da Vinci is a self-portrait.
For this challenge we are to use at least one stamp. I used the swirl
stamped in the lighter brown color. And silly me, I stamped right
over the drawings that he did in the page margin.
If you care....I read the book the Da Vinci Code and
I really didn't care for it that much.

Tag Doll

I've decided that I like making art dolls. So, of course, I
signed on for this challenge.

I made a kitty tag doll with a tummy full of mouse.
His body and tail are chipboard.
I have lots of room for improvement but I'm sure having
fun practicing.

" Money in my home is a precious commodity as I am sure it is in yours and I am truly tired of wasting what precious little I have. That being said, there are really tried and true products available and I will be spotlighting some of those products and companies over the next few weeks. ", says Sally.

Sally is a team mate of mine at Robyns Fetish challenges.
She has come up with what I think is a wonderful idea.

9 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Jeanette, what a delightful tag doll. The whole "mouse in the cat tummy" is so creative and fun. So glad you joined in our challenge this week:)

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Jeanette, don't know if my comment went through or not.

msfreida said...

Ahhh, Chanel...what elegance! This piece says it all! Thanks for the memories, GF!
I didn't care that much for The Da Vinci Code either...kinda bizarre! But your creation surely isn't!!! This is SOOO CREATIVE!
And how clever is this tag! Your creativity just jumps out of every piece you do! ;) Truly AMAZING!

Hugs~

Hermine said...

Gorgeous spread.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i had a hard time grabbing the soartful image. but i'll try again.

love the da vinci! and the cat is too cute.

hugs :)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh I just adore your tag and you DaVinci creation is stunning too!! Always a pleasure to visit you!! HUGS

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Love your da Vinci pages, wonderful!!!
oxo

Julia said...

Lots of eye candy here on your blog! Beautiful!

LiveArt said...

Love the black dress piece and your da Vinci is great!! love that image!!

Linda