Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

And, A Cherry on Top

Or, as at my Soartful Challenges this week
Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries
The inspiration piece is in my sidebar and
this is what I made.

While looking for an image for the inspiration piece, I found
all of these cute shoes with cherries on them. So, my
Cherry tree is blooming shoes and cherries. What more
could a girl ask for.
Soartful is being sponsored this month by

That brings me to their new challenge blog

All of the stamps used on this piece are by Scrolls Work and Inka.
We have the main image, texture and tiny dragonflies all stamped
in Black Soot Distress Ink. Ivory card stock is used
for the base card. There is also a page from a book and an acetate
sheet of hand writing. The ribbons are self sticking (love that) and
the charms are from a bracelet found at a garage sale.
Beautiful stamps and a fun sketch challenge are all waiting for you
at Scrolls Work.

A Tag, Ticket or Label
Inspiration Challenge

I chose to make a tag. The RF inspiration image is the pretty
printed pillow case. Cropped it even more and added it to the image
of the bed. The precious girl Teddy is from Art Freebies. I used
the little boy Teddy here. The tag base is a lovely vintage print that
I altered the color on a bit and cropped out part of a flower for an
accent. Sweet!

I just found Shadowhouse Creations a wonderful place for
free texture backgrounds. There are also tutorials and beautiful
photos. Lots of beautiful things to see there.

5 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Jeanette

A lovely tag.

Great background and lovely image (I love teddy bears!!).

Thank you for sharing all those interesting links.

Thank you for playing along with my challenge at Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

always fabulous to visit here and always finding new places too!

these are all awesome!

*Vicki* said...

Oh jeanette!! I have really missed you sweetie!! :) Love your fun creations and your images are so fab!! I love the black and white!! So striking!! HUGS

Julia said...

So much beauty here to see! absolutely fantastic!

Lorraine said...

this is really wonderful stamping and I love the stamps you have used