Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Digital Collage Anyone?

These digital collages have kept me busy at my computer
for the last couple of days. But, I have so much fun doing them.

The first collage is for the brand new
Van Gogh's 'Starry Night'
Image Provided

I'm not a big fan of his art but I do like the bright colors in his work.
I downloaded Starry Night and there I sat for quite awhile.
Nothing was coming to mind. Then I thought of Van Gogh's troubled life
and him cutting off his ear and then things started coming together.
I found the self portrait and then chose another Van Gogh painting
with matching colors. I fiddled with the placement until I found something
that pleased me. Added gold borders to each art piece to highlight each one.

Mardi Gras
Mardi Gras, Carnivale, Masquerade
Mardi Gras

My Mardi Gras parade.

Exotic
My interpretation of exotic Egypt.

Fear

Oh dear, see that white blank at the bottom....it should say
'with fear of electricity'. I wonder where it went....am I cured?
This really isn't a very dark piece but I really wanted to use
the cute image from my friend Stef of Glitterbabe Greetings.
There is more to this cute drawing but I've cropped it to just
use the head. Not a very good job of cropping either. I had
intended to just leave her black and white but naw she needed
a bit of color. My Printmaster has painting brushes that I tried
for the very first time.

I'll be back tomorrow with a Wacky Weds Freebie and the Flutter By
Challenge. Flutter By has something special for you tomorrow.

19 comments:

treesawardincrafts said...

I really like the Van Gog one and the one with Stef's image. I think it is funny that the sentiment vanished very apt for the image.

Yogi said...

Love the Mardis Gras piece.
Egypt is nice and out of my mind is hilarious. Definitely frazzled.

Effie said...

Love your colourful carnival!

Kris Dickinson said...

Fun and wonderful art!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow jeanette! these are all fabulous and i am sooooooo enjoying the out of my mind card. that's hysterical! what a wonderful sense of humor u have. and i just love your new banner. it's definitely YOU!

hugs ♥

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful digital work- all festive and wonderfully designed! Great Mardi Gras piece for MMM!

Lynifyni said...

I came here to look at your TMTA - Exotic ATC...but I have so much enjoyed seeing all of your work! Beautifully done! LynnF

msfreida said...

Boy have I been missin' all this inspiration! Let's just say Comcast and I aren't the best of friends right now! ;)

These are AMAZING! I love all the bright colors! Van Gogh is not one of my favorites either, but I love his choices of colors too. You did an incredible job with this! Mardi Gras looks fabulous too...here again, I love all the colors! Now the ATC reminds me of my oldest son! He is a great lover of Egypt and all her glory! BEAUTIFUL interpretation! I also love your Darkside! I have always loved a black background where it makes all the colors pop! Fabulous job with Stef's image too! BEAUTIFUL work GF! :)

Hugs~

Raven said...

What an awesome take on Van Gogh. I love how you used three of his paintings and put them as one. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap the Art.
Hugs,
Raven

Diane said...

Beautiful pieces, Jeanette! Diane

Michelle Rivera said...

What a great take on the challenge.
Thanks for playing along at scrap the art.
Hugs
Michelle Rivera

Cindy said...

Oh wow--your Mardi Gras piece is wonderful!!!! The true spirit of Mardi Gras was definitely captured in a delightful way!!!! I love your art!

Laura and Lia said...

Very creative! Great job with the Van Gogh, it's so original :)
Thanks for joining us at
Scrap The Art
Good luck and make sure you check the next challenges as well :)

Hugs,
Laura

Martina2801 said...

Your work is just amazing. I love looking at your creations!

Beth said...

They are all wonderful, and all very different. Just lovely!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great pieces! I especially like the cat on the exotic ATC.

Saya said...

Lovely, colorful & fun!!

Femmy said...

love them all! great pieces!

phoebe said...

Followed a link to find your Mardi Gras piece--lovely use of colors here!