Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Flutter By Weds and Robyns Fetish Wacky Wed Freebie

At Flutter By Weds our theme is Hearts.
And, Flutter By is being sponsored by Susana of
Susana's motto is 'Follow your heart in art and life'.
Flutter By Blog Candy
compliments of Susana
In order to be entered into the random drawing to win these goodies you must:
  • create a new creation using a butterfly, fairy or angel with hearts
  • provide a direct link to your creation in Mister Linky ( I reserve the right to remove any links not appropriate) before midnight Monday Feb. 22, 2010
  • come back next Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2010 and see if random.org picked your number!
  • Have tons of fluttering fun!!
My sample card for this challenge

I found this pretty background paper full of soft hearts. It was
bright red and I really didn't want red.....so with a click of a button
I altered it to a shade of burgundy. Much better. I stamped my
sweet fairy, Inka stamps, now available at Scrolls Work and a
sentiment stamp from Serendipity. I stamped using a a combination of
lavender, maroon and java chalk inks on clear vellum.

just follow the link to get your
Kiss a Frog Freebie. While you are there
check out the challenge for this week.

I made a gift tag with my WW Freebie.
I'm using it for
Cutsie
Green + 1

In honor of Susana, I used more hearts. I sized and printed the 'kiss a frog' freebie
and printed it on white card stock. The border that I printed also is x's and o's for
kisses and hugs. I made up the sentiment... The Princess said to the frog,
"if I kiss you will you be my Prince Charming?"
I colored with my Copics, added punched hearts and ribbon.

Saturday Challenges
Follow the link for complete details.
If you would like to know more about all of us
at Robyns Fetish follow the links to our designer's blogs in my sidebar.
Also,
Digi Stamps and Stickers
home of Marvelous Monday, Wacky Weds Freebie
and Saturday challenges.

25 comments:

confessions of a paper addict said...

Love the Tag hun, great idea!

Hugs,
Robyn

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Jeanette, a great "Cutsie" tag! I love your design -- and those ribbons at the top!

stuffie said...

what a neat tag!! Love the colors you chose!

Lelia said...

Too cute! Welcome to the permanent team on FBW!!!

Hugs,
Lelia

Karen Wilson said...

Awesome job on the paper!! Wish we could change more with the click of a button! Love your tag, how cute!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i just love the pink card. and to think you did that with a touch of a button. wanna share your tricks?????

your tag is absolutely adorable and i just love how colorful it is!

hugs ♥

msfreida said...

Ohhh your Flutter By is sooo GORGEOUS! It must be nice to be able to wiggle your nose and change the colors of your paper! Teehee :) LOVE the vellum and how you used it! FABULOUS card! I love your tag too! Such a precious image and I love all your lil extras! So, so cute!

Hugs~

Alicia said...

Love the tag, especially the sentiment!

Hugs,
Alicia

Kris said...

Beautiful creations!! i love the torn edges around your sentiment... and your coloring on your fairy is beautiful!!! =D

Susana M said...

Hi Jeanette
Very elegant card and the other tag is fun and fresh!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Ann Kranitz said...

I Love how you were able to alter the color of your paper. How Cool!! Your creations are just gorgeous!!

Lesley said...

Great tag, what a cute image! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Danni said...

Beautiful card and fun tag!

ScrappyPam said...

What a fun tag!

Christine said...

I love both of your cards. That fairy is so pretty and I love the gal kissing a frog as well. Beautiful!

Blessings,
Christine

Harriet Skelly said...

What a beautiful fairy and love how you changed the color of the paper - it's beautiful!
Harriet

Dezinaworld said...

Gorgeouas work Jeanette. I adore your fairy card its just splendid. Hugs june xxxx

Michelle said...

oh what a pretty FBW card - so soft and tranquil...love that beautiful fairy!

Cassie said...

so very lovely!

Daniele said...

what great cards thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs x

Nancy said...

Gorgeous creations!! The angel and hearts are amazing!!

KYMBERLY said...

Oh Jeanette, the angel and pink hearts is so beautiful! I love that image! And the little girl and frog is just as sweet!

You won't believe this but I used seed beads for the angel wings in the image you commented on! I gave her feathers but felt like she needed more so I just applied more glue in long lines and poured the beads directly on the lines. Try it--I was amazed that they stayed put--I just used Elmer's glue!! I have been wanting to use sead beads for awhile but didn't think they would stick unless I used a real heavy adhesive but who knew! Better than glitter for that extra bling!

Thank you for your sweet comments and have a great weekend!
Kymberly

Kristie said...

Beautiful FBW card and cute tag :)

Alex said...

WOW! What a beautiful FBW card. Just beautiful!

Linda said...

the fairy card quote is awesome and the color scheme is wonderful!