Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Girls


Girls rule today at H20 Creations

Our first girl to rule is Mel of Melztamps. Mel is
being featured every Friday in February at Squigglefly.
You can see all of Squigglefly's wonderful digi stamps here.
Mel is bringing us her lovely card using Squigglefly's Baby Bathing digi stamp.
It is a wonderful card with lots of detail. Follow Mel's link to find
out how she made this amazing card.

Now, on to more girls.

Girls
Tim Holtz
Say It In Sepia

I used the digi stamp 'Lady' that is a Freebie from Cuddly Buddly.
I've had this quite awhile just waiting for the right project.
This was the first time I've ever watercolored with Distress Inks from
Tim Holtz. It wasn't really hard to do but I did have problems blending.
But, overall I like how it turned out. I used these Distress Inks:
Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and just a touch of Soot Black.

Our next girl is an expert swimmer.
using the image 'Lil Mermaid' from
This group is a membership only group of 50 crafters and
50 artists. The artists give us free digi stamps and we use as many as
we want. There is a monthly voting on the cards for a $$$ prize.
I'll be telling you where and when the voting begins.


For this card I started with a blue card stock base. I glued crumpled blue
tissue paper to the base card. I then made a few waves with glittery
blue sprinkles. Lil Mermaid is colored, mostly, with glitter gel pens.
I placed her on the scroll, think wave, with a pop dot. The sparkly gem
is one of those flat marbles that go in flower vases.

My last girl is a flower girl image provided by
There are always 2 digis available for each challenge.
I chose the sweet flower girl with her paint box.

I colored with Copics, cut out and adhered with pop dots to a matching
background panel. I added a flower and leaf and put all of this on
a gold card base.

Robyns Fetish Challenges is having a DT call.
Follow the link for all of the details.
Robyn also has a Forum that is open to all.
You are more than welcome to join.

I hope you enjoyed your visit with 'the Girls'.


19 comments:

Cora said...

Jeanette,
I love what you did with this week's image. You colors and papers are just beautiful. Thanks for playing.

gina said...

Love all three of your cards here, great way you added the blue tissue paper to the base of the card looks really good, will have to try that one myself.

Yes yes voting time on Monday I will let everyone have links so all your crafty friend can come and vote too.

If anyone likes what they see we still have room for more crafters too.

Gina

gina said...

Love all your cards here, and how you used the blue tissue paper, will have to try that one myself.


Yes yes voting time is nearly here, I will be sending out links for all your crafty buddies to come and vote.

Also if they like what they see we still have room for new crafters.

Gina

froebelsternchen Susi said...

fantastic!

Thank´s for joining us on our new challenge

Fun with ATC´s

xxx Susi

msfreida said...

Well,GIRLfriend, you ROCKED these! The ATC is FABULOUS...fantastic job with those Distress Inks! LOVE all these colors! :) Your "wave" this adorable mermaid sits on is another "WOW" factor...what a clever idea! LOVE how you did the water too! The flower girl is UNBELIEVABLE! Ohhh do I love this image and how you used it! Wonderful coloring, and that background panel ROCKS! These are all amazing, Jeanette! :)

Have an awesome weekend!
Hugs~

Holly said...

Jeanette, you just continue to impress! These are all fabulous. I love how you did the water on the mermaid card, and that last card is just delightful! Love your coloring on it!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

these are gorgeous. i like the scroll idea as a wave - genius! i just love your sepia girl! the sun is shining and it's chilly but nice. i still looking for spring - lol.

Kelly said...

great cards!

cbee said...

Your ATC and your cards are great!! Thank you very much for taking part in our challenge at Fun with ATCs!!
Hugs, Caro

Janine said...

Great work Jeanette... Always such a pleasure to stop in.

Linda said...

I love these 'girls' and what a great job you did with watercolouring with the distress inks - fabulous ink pads aren't they?

Doreenobrn said...

Wow love what you have done.xxx

Danni said...

All such wonderful creations!!

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous gals, Jeanette!

Hermine said...

Lovely artwork

treesawardincrafts said...

Gosh your stash must be huge, to find just the right flower for that last card. I think that is my most fabbiest one. I love the Tim Holtz sepia bust too. Oh, go on, the middle one is really cool too (get it? well blue is a cool colour). Hahaha, listen to me ramble on.

Julia said...

wonderful!
xxx Julia

rumpelwibschstilzchen said...

these are awesome!
thanks for joining us at Fun with ATCs

*hugs*

angel4031 said...

WOW Fab work thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations xx