Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spray Starch Technique

??? Have you been to the polls yet at the
Stop in and vote for your favorite card.
Voting ends 2/27.

Deb Lovett's Spray Starch Technique

This is a fun technique.
I used it for these challenges
Background Provided
Touchy Feely
Keys
Oops this was supposed to be an ATC, darn.

I started with the background provided by Art Creations.
I sprayed this liberally with spray starch then added
sprinkles of copper, gold and green Pearlex. I sort of swirled
the mixture around. Deb suggests that you use a brush but
I completely forgot that step. There was a pretty heavy coat
of starch so I grabbed a white sheet of glossy card stock and
laid it glossy side down on to the starch mix. Removed and
wow I had a pleasing pattern. I did it a second time with another
piece of glossy. It's sort of messy so be sure to prepare your
surface with layers of newspaper.
These were set aside to dry.
Complete details of this technique are available at ggdesigns Gazette.
Now comes the fun of turning my pretty papers into a card.
My first layer is the printed patterned card stock altered with
the technique. The next layer is gold vellum framing an altered
piece of the glossy. The key images were stamped on the altered
print and embossed with gold. The letters are gold stickers.

Crowns
Crow Lady
Wings
Getting Messy Hands

I used another piece of the spray starched printed card stock for the base.
The background image and the crow from my Printmaster collection .
The princess is from Art Freebies . Most of the coloring is done with
colored pencil. I colored her crown with gold gel pen. A touch of
lace and my piece is finished.

I completely forgot to post about Robyns Fetish Marvelous Monday
sticker freebie. It's ready for you to grab and use. Check out the challenge
while you're there.

27 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i can just see that background - gorgeous. and i'm definitely going to give that technique a try. i have spray starch that has been in my closet over 4 yrs. hey! who irons anymore???? now i don't have to throw it out.

and your 2d card is, of course, just as awesome.

your taste is sooooooooo different from mine and i just love what you do. maybe someday i can do something like this too. you always make it sound easy!

hugs ♥

Liz said...

Fantastic Work Thanks for entering this weeks challenge At Incy Wincy Designs be sure do do our blog hop

Liz xx

msfreida said...

WOW...THESE ARE AMAZING! LOVE all the shimmer! Each one has your magical creative touch! Must get me some spray starch! Teehee :)

Hugs~

Holly said...

Very pretty Jeanette!

*Vicki* said...

WOW! Girl, my mouth dropped at these!! SO GORGEOUS!! What beautiful creations, love all the elements, techniques and design you've added!! TFS! HUGs

PatR said...

Stunning projects they are absolutely gorgeous. Definately gonna have a go at this technique.
Thanks so much for joining us this week.
Pat xx

Zoechaos said...

Stunning work the key card is wonderful while the arch blew me away. thank you for joining in with us at TT this week.

xxNikkixx said...

Gorgeous project......thanks for joining us at Tuesday Taggers this week....hugs Nikki xx

Sally H said...

Wonderful creations! Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week!

Lori Saul said...

What a beautiful arch and crow woman- I love the depth with the castle in the background- very magical piece Jeanette!

paula said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for getting messy with us at TT this week! Paula

Carol said...

wow love that background and the whole thing comes together really well. thank you for joining us this week at SCD

Cheryl said...

this is just gorjus love the image great colours too thanks for joining us at incy this week hugs cheryl xxxxx

Doreenobrn said...

Oh this is gorgeous What a lovely project, thanks for joining in with TT this week.xxx

Femmy said...

beautiful creation jeanette!!

Clarky J said...

This is fabulous! Thanks for getting messy with Tuesday Taggers this week x Janet ps dont forget to link the craft barn to be in with a chance of winning this weeks prize!

ScrappySuzanne said...

Stunning work! Thanks for joining in TT this week. Suzanne x

ScrappySuzanne said...

Stunning work! Thanks for joining in TT this week. Suzanne x

June said...

Must find out how this techiqe works
this is gorgeous my friend
hugs June xx

Teri said...

Fabulous projects hun - bet you got lovely and messy!
Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Taggers this week, hope to see you next time too.
Hugs,
Teri xx

vintage wil said...

What a beautiful work!!

Michelle said...

WOnderful work Jeanette, Fab stamping, great colours a perfect entry. Thanks for getting messy with TT this week.
x Michelle

Dawn said...

Great techniques, beautiful background..

thanks for joining us on SCD

Dawn

Nikki said...

Gorgeous Key with all that Texture
Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki

Tam said...

Now there's something different.
Looks awesome

Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs.
Tami

Kersten said...

Such gorgeous art! Thank you for sharing.

Avril Ann said...

Fabulous project, must try that out, but I have to say I have never used "Starch", actually I never Iron, I get mines done for me...LOL...many thanks for joining us at Tuesday Taggers this week. Hugs Avril xxx