Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Squigglefly Monday


VOTE VOTE VOTE
It's time to vote on your favorite cards at the
Please take a minute and take a look at all of the crafter's
beautiful creations and please VOTE. The polls are
open now until 2/27/10.

Sketch

I usually cringe when I see a circle on a sketch. I don't really have anything
to use to easily cut circles. I'll have to get me a die for my new Cuttlebug.
Then I remembered this beautiful 'puffy flower' by Squigglefly artist
Angela Donato. This turned out to be not so difficult after all. The flowers are
colored in a mix to yellow, orange, red and a touch of brown chalk.
I placed them on a leaf with tape and pop dots. The dragonflies
are brads.
See ya at Squigglefly challenges.

This is an art doll that I just finished for a swap.

I missed the signup at Rubberstampchat Valentine Art Doll Swap. When I
boo hoo'd about it Darci was nice enough to offer to do a private swap with
me. How nice is that. She doesn't look like most of the art dolls I've seen...
they are usually pretty funky. But I like how she turned out. I've painted her
with pearescent watercolors. There are several different images all put
together to make one doll.
I just joined the Artful Paper Doll forum. I'm sure I'll find
lots of tips and techniques for making art dolls there.

5 comments:

msfreida said...

These look FABULOUS, Jeanette! Love how you placed Angela's flowers on the leaf...really grounds the image! The colors you chose look awesome and the dragonflies are the perfect accent!
The art doll is BEAUTIFUL! I surely wish my watercoloring looked like this! AMAZING job!

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

YOU got my vote. these are wonderful. i love the art doll.

*Vicki* said...

Oh jeanette, I adore your card sweetie!! Fab take on the sketch today!! :) I hope I can play along too!! HUGS

Holly said...

Great take on the sketch Jeanette! I love the way you've colored the flowers and putting them on the leaf was a great idea - like Freida said it grounds them!
Your little art doll is too cute! Looks like she couldn't decide what color she wanted her hair to be so she's trying them all!

treesawardincrafts said...

Your creativity with these two are super special, I love how Miss Elegant came out too.