Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Friday, February 26, 2010

T.G.I.F.


TGIF is really a joke to me now since my retirement. Lorne
and I can never remember what day of the week it is. We just
have one happy day of retirement after another.
Yes, I'm very spoiled.

Chinese
Image Provided


It took me a few days to think of something for this collage.
A lot of the original image is missing (see it here). What I did was
take the image and duplicate it a couple of times. Then I cropped out
the parts of the pics that I wanted to use. I found the arch which I thought
framed the ladies very nicely...then added back the title. Next came the
background. Uhm, it still needs something. The bird and leaves are
just the thing to finish this piece.

I wish our skies were as pretty and sunny as in the picture.
Chilly and gray here. I did have a fat mama Cardinal stop by
my front porch rail yesterday and we are hearing the hooty hooty
of the doves now. Maybe warm is not to far away.


Shamrocks

The background started with a base paper of lovely
pastel shamrocks and horseshoes. I know horseshoes aren't really pretty.
I added the rainbow which is cropped from a larger paper.
The sentiment that I used was originally black which I changed
a blend of purple to green. I have tons of fibers so it really wasn't a
problem finding something that worked.
I like this background paper so much that I've used it again
on the challenge for Robyns Fetish tomorrow.

I'll be posting the new Soartful Challenge tomorrow also.
Tomorrow is also the Soartful participant drawing for the
person to win stamps from the wonderful Scrolls Work, our
sponsor for February. I'll also be introducing March's sponsor.
Everyone is always welcome at Soartful Challenges.

Please vote for your favorite card at




10 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Lovely tag, Jeanette. Your rainbow was a great idea, the colors seem to be moving on your tag!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

you did a wonderous job with the asian image. i had absolutely no clue. and your tag is gorgeous.

yep. best part of retirement.... everyday is a weekend!

hope yours is great!

hugs ♥

msfreida said...

WOW... those creative juices are flowing this morning! These are amazing! :) The arch on the Chinese collage is perfect and so is the bird/leaves! GORGEOUS collage! And oh the tag...FABULOUS! LOVE the rainbow effect and the fibers look fantastic!

Hugs~

treesawardincrafts said...

I had to giggle at your comment about Fridays. If I didn't have a reminder in my mobile I would never know what day it was either.

*Vicki* said...

Such gorgeous creations sweetie!! I love your images and colors!! So glad you're having one long and fun day!! TEE!!

Robin said...

Your tag is just beautiful....love the colors you used!

Jan said...

I really like what you did with the Chinese image. The pop of color is perfect! Great job...

Elegia said...

Oh, your Chinese collage is so serene and beautiful. I love the colors you have used - so fresh and earthy.

Your other image is really beautiful too. I really like your color sense a lot!

*iTkUpiLLi* said...

Beautiful Chinese collage, the background fits so perfect with the image.

Thank you for participating our challenge. :))

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great tag and I love the Chinese piece too!