Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Time to Fly

It was love at first sight when I saw this darling bird image.
This is Lola Bird by Stretch N Bubbles at the Special 50/50 Group.
I've used Lola Bird for the challenge
Red, Pink, Cream
Make a Card for a RAK

I printed 3 Lola Birds and colored them with my Copics.
I cut them out and added them to the red card stock. I love
this shade of red and the paper has a great texture. Added 3
flowers....because good things come in threes ya, know.
The sentiment is computer generated. Whoops one Lola
has a broken leg. Poor Baby.

Stitches
Sew it Up
This is their very first challenge and
appropriately themed Stitches
Ebony & Ivory
They have just started a game of Bingo.
Follow their link for complete details.

I used Patch from Daisy Doodles. He came with stitches already.
I added a few more faux stitches on the sentiment.
I wanted to do paper piecing for the patches on the wings.
But they were just to small for me to deal with. I think that would
look so cute with different print papers used for the patches.
I'll print Patch out bigger next time and give that a try. The
sentiment is computer generated. A stitch in time leads us
to my next challenge entry.

Time

Tax time will be here before we know it. On my last shopping trip
I picked up my tax software and I'm in the process of getting
organized.
This is a digi collage that took just a few minutes to put together
once I found the images. I wish I was that fast preparing my taxes.

Robyns Fetish is having a DT call...details HERE.


29 comments:

Spyder said...

Love your 'A Stitch in Time' card!! I have a thing for dots and spots! Love the butterfly. Great fun! Thank you for joining OSAAT's first Challenge and hope to see you again next time too!!!

stitchy said...

Jeanette, don't ya just love tax time hahaha NOT..well was good this year but to get it all together UGH...your cards are great..and that is my favorite sentiment lol...good luck on your draws
hugz
stitchy xx

sam said...

Hi Jeanette I am right in assuming it's the 2nd card that is for the stitching one isn't it? hehehe anyway these are all fab hun and good luck with your taxes and the challenge entries. Thanks for joining in with ur first challenge at OSAAT hope to see you back soon.
Sam x

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi, love the patchy butterfly, it's cute,thanks for joining us at OSAAT, hugs Liz xx

Teri said...

Fabulous project for our 'Time' theme at Tuesday Taggers this week! Love it!
Hugs,
Teri x

msfreida said...

Boy those creative juices are really flowing today! These look AWESOME! LOVE Lola and the colors you used and that patchwork butterfly is sooo ADORABLE! Great sentiment, BTW! Oh don't even mention tax time! UGHHH! Hope you have a fabulous day! :)

Hugs~

Rhonda said...

These are all great cards. Thank you so much for joining us at Daisy Doodles.

Jill said...

Hi Jeanette really love your project for TT this week, thanks for joining in. Jill

Mary said...

What a cute card! Thanks for joining us this week at Daisy Doodles.

Mary

Heather Grow said...

I love your lola bird card. Great job using "valentine-y" colors on a non-valentine card.

Suzanne said...

Cute card! I've found that most all things come in threes. Wish they were all good!LOL thanks for playing along at other lovelies thoughtful thursday challenge!

PatR said...

Love your TT creation and all your other stuff for that matter. So unusual. Thanks for joining us this week.
Pat xx

Holly said...

Love your Lola bird card, but I always thought it was bad things happen in threes - I like your version much better!

Tammy said...

Lovely cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Daisy Doodles this week!

Zoechaos said...

WOW have you been busy and what a great sense of humour you have! As an Accountant in the UK your TT piece has really made me smile. Thank you for sharing with us at TT this week.

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Jeanette thanks for joining us at OSAAT
Sarah xx

Ildiko said...

I love yor creation for TT I have to agry with Pat unusual but treally cool
Hugs
Ildiko

Sally H said...

Wonderful work! Thanks for joining us at TT this week!

Cheryl said...

gorjus card,and colrs thanks so much for joining us over at 0SAAT hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Clarky J said...

I do envy that "putting a digi collage together in a few minutes bit"! It would take me Hours lol fab take on our theme. Thanks for finding "time" to join in the fun at TT this week x Janet

gina said...

Love your lola bird card, great sentiment too.

Voting is nearly here, ooooohhhh fingers crossed for everone.

Gina

Doreenobrn said...

Love your creation thank you for joining in with TT.xx

Avril Ann said...

Great projects, good you can laugh about Tax Time...many thanks for playing along at Tuesday Taggers this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

Liz said...

First thanks ever so much for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week we are ever so pleased! Your card colours sitching and layout are fab I wish you luck in the draw Hope you have joinecd in the two ribbon candys and the other candy on the blog all finishing next Sat If you haven't been over and tried please do

Liz xx

Emma - Independent SU! Demonstrator said...

Lovely. Thanks for joining us on Tuesday Taggers this week. Emma xx

Helen Dooley said...

Awesome cards. I love the little dragon fly on the sewn card. Thanks so much for maikng the challenge complete by joining in.

Michelle said...

Fantastic entry for TT this week, beautiful artwork!
x Michelle

Beth Norman said...

I,m so glad you played in the challenge. Your card is so cute.

blackdragon said...

Brilliant take on our theme... i think everyone hates TAXES.... thanks for joining us at TT this week.
xxx lynx