Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just Fluttering By on a Weds Morning


It's the perfect day to go fluttering about because we are
expecting a balmy 75 degrees here. I'm already getting a good
crop of Brown Turkey figs on my patio fig tree. Yum! When they
start to ripen I have to put a net over them so the birds don't eat
them before I do. And, I saw my first robin looking for worms in
my flower bed. Ahh, Spring time, it's the best.

Blue, Green, White
Sketch

The pretty butterfly image is from Dover. I colored it using
Copics with several shades of green and blue. This is a nice color
combination to work with.....thank you Danni (FlutterBy).
The green panel is embossed with my Cuttlebug leaf folder. Ooh, that's
a nifty little machine. I also used it with a 4" Nestability circle dye.
I used some lace ribbon and gems for embellishment. I think I'll send this to
my Mom.

Image Provided
In fact, you get to choose from 2 images or take both.
Sketch using Black and white plus one color

My plus one color is Blue. I used a very soft blue on the image and followed
through with the blue glitter accents. My background panel is the spray starch
technique from the ggdesigns technique challenge for March.


This gorgeous entry is for my Soartful Challenge blog (See sidebar).
This was sent in by Faye. Faye was the winner of the Soartful Monthly
Drawing held at the end of each month. She won 3 of Glitterbabe's images from
her Etsy Shop. Glitterbabe aka Stef also has a personal blog and she just announced a contest
that she is having. Back to Faye and her lovely creation. She used one
of the images that she won for her Frame It Challenge entry this week. I think
it is just gorgeous. Don't you just love how the dark blue background brings
out the blue in the frame? I also like the unexpected pop of yellow.
Thanks for sharing this with us Faye.



28 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh girlfriend, you are getting even better! that butterfly card is gorgeous! your beach scene is fabulous and faye emailed me about this one. isn't it stunning!!!!!

your first robin? we've had robins for the past 3 wks already! i think they're coming to you now because they ate all the worms here - lol!

enjoy your day!

Debby said...

Jeanette they are all fabulous as always however my favorite is the Flutter By challenge. I adore your composition. Beautiful.

Dezinaworld said...

Hi Jeanette, thanks so much on the comment on the digi. Nope i dont draw them, they are from a public domain cd i bought.
Congrats to Faye on the soartful monthly draw.
I love your flutterby my friend. I am fluttering in and out today, have been busy as its sams birthday and have to go out again soon as visiting my parents
hugs June x

Nancy said...

Beautiful cards, Jeanette! Your FBW card is amazing, and the colors are perfection!! Love them all!

Holly said...

These are all wonderful Jeanette! I love the soothing colors of your butterfly card. You did a beautiful job with your spray starch background! I love the paper pieced dress on the woman too.

Karen Wilson said...

These are all beautiful, Jeanette! Nice work!

Linda said...

Beautiful work Jeanette.

It's cold, wet and miserable here in the UK - oh I'm dreaming of temperatures of 75

PetraB said...

The creation for Digital Two For Tuesday is amazing. I very much like the technique you used to create the card. Petra.

Michelle said...

I love spring too! Your FBW card is so pretty - I, too, think the color combo is a fun one! Will definitely be doing it again. Your other cards are awesome too :)

Alex said...

oh my- these are all beautiful. The coloring is fabulous!

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow your butterfly card is gorgeous - just love your coloring and the design! I also love the other cards too!!

Faye said...

Thanks for featuring my piece using the chrysanthemum, Jeanette. I am also loving the butterfly card. Do give it to your mom. She will love it.

Cora said...

Beautiful projects. Thanks for playing.

Danni said...

Wow! you've been busy!! These are all wonderful but I just {heart} that butterfly!!

Kimberly S said...

They're all lovely Jeanette! Wow, some fabulous techniques you've used, and your FBW butterfly is just stunning! :)

Nettie said...

Fantastic cards. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles

Rhonda said...

All of these are wonderful! The Butterfly is absolutely gorgeous. I love blues and greens together. Thank you so much for for playing with us at Daisy Doodles.

msfreida said...

WOW...do you not ever come up for air??? How in the world do you come up with so many gorgeous cards that are so different from each other? You are AMAZING, GF, as is your work! Your coloring on the FBW is FABULOUS! FANTASTIC job with the spray starch...gorgeous card, BTW! I love what Faye did with Stef's mum! Sooo creative!

Thanks for all the inspiration! :)
Hugs~

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Loveley cards, thanks for joining in with the Polkadoodles challenge.

Luv Dee xxx

Kerry said...

Great cards. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

Cynthia said...

Lovely job with the Digital Two for Tuesday image. I'm intrigued by the background technique. Thanks for the resource link!

Kristie said...

Beautiful cards!! I love your FBW card!!

Kris L said...

Lovely vintage image. Thanks for playing along with us at Polkkadoodles this week.

Fliss said...

Hi Jeanette, really love your cards and your Polka Doodles one is a real stunner. The image is lovely and the background is beautiful.
Thanks for joining in again at Polka Doodles this week and hope to see you in the next one.
x

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week! fab card - great texture! Cheers Claire x

Joanne Gilch said...

Great and lovely cards. I like the added lace and bling on the butterfly..thanks for joining us over at Daisy Doodles.

Mary said...

What a gorgeous butterfly card! Thanks for joining us at Daisy Doodles! Hope you'll join us again next week!

hugs
Mary

Tip Top said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!