Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

One image, Two Cards and a Lizard Story

2 images provided

I used this one to create my card.


I love this image. I wanted to keep it simple so I printed the image which
had an ecru tint to it. I planned to layer this on to ivory card stock,
which I did, but it didn't look quite right to me. I distressed both
base card and image with some Antique Linen Distress Ink.
I'm still not sure that I'm happy with it.
So, I took the card and added a bit of color with chalks.

The dress is really a soft green but here it turns up awfully yellow, which
doesn't look nearly as nice. Anyway, I like this version better.
What do you think?

Now for my lizard story. Last week we did some yard clean up and
we took the stuff to the Recycle Center in our car. When we were
getting out of car back at home, I saw a little lizard running around
in the back. He must have come in with some of the yard stuff.
They are all over the place here. They are little Anole lizards that can turn
from bright green to brown. Lorne was able to catch him and put
him on the grass. Whew! Then a couple of days later when we went to
the Apron Exhibit, I found another one in the car. We couldn't catch
this one. When we got home I opened all of the car doors, fixed little
ramps over the doors and in one opened door I placed my
Boston Fern hoping he would hop on that to leave the car.
That's been several days ago and I haven't seen him since.
Hopefully, he is in the yard enjoying his freedom.

Don't forget Holly is having a 'Name the Digi Stamp' contest on her blog.
Visit Hog Wild About Stamping for all the details.
That contest ends tonight.

Are you getting ready for the BIG
Meet Our Members Party at
March 24th - March 28th?
There will be lots and lots of fun things happening.
Visit the Forum and pick up your Party Badge to post on
your blog. I'll see you there.

I only got some sweeping done outside yesterday. The front deck, patio
and driveway look so nice now. My patio plants have all been
trimmed of dead parts and watered and rearrange. Lorne is redoing
the paver walkway between the house and his workshop. It takes
us a while but we'll eventually get it done.

Have a wonderful day.


5 comments:

Cora said...

Beautiful card and I love the lizard story. Thanks for playing.

Dianne said...

The card is so lovely and I love the lizard story! We have the anoles here too... When I was a kid we used to catch them (it doesn't hurt - them or us) and let them bite onto our earlobes... they would just hang there for a bit, then we'd pull them off and let them go again...living lizard earrings!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

fabulous card. ewwwww lizards!!!! i'd be freaking out every time i got in the car. i'd be itching all over!

we have snow - somebody shoot me - lol

msfreida said...

Oh Jeanette...this card is SOOO GORGEOUS! What a beautiful image whether its colored or not! The chalks were perfect to use with their softness. I JUST LOVE IT! :)

I would probably have a heart attack if I had lizards playing tricks on me! I'm such a wuss!

Hugs~

Debby said...

Keeping it simple was/is a brilliant decision. Very effective. I love this image. Are you dreaming about lizards now?