Yes, my life is in transition. I am now getting used to life as a widow. What will this bring? Time will tell.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday Seems to be Digi Day for Me



This was a fun DT call to participate in. We got
this fabulous image to play with. I had so
much fun creating this card. Cowgirl Up Stamps Store has
lots of images to choose from and several of these fun and funky
images. I'd like you to meet 'Lou'.

When I first saw 'Lou' I knew that I wanted to use bright colors.
In my image program I used the image without the white background and
added it to the purple, orange and black background.
I printed this and then colored with Copics.
The color of the base card is a lively purple (doesn't show up that way here, darn).
The accent panel is cut from designer paper. For embellishment
I used some of my favorite fringe and a small silver heart.
'Lou' is all ready to dance her way into someone's heart.

More bright colors for

Eggs
Spring/Easter
Easter/Spring
Easter
Crowns
Flowers

The image is from Dover which I colored with Copics. I added a crown
of flowers and leaves and also the sentiment.

One last shot of Color for
Image Provided for Easter Theme

The original image was in black and white. I altered it to a shade of
purple. I altered the color of the clip art to match. Not your
typical Easter colors but I like how this turned out. Especially, because
I had such a hard time getting started with this.

I hope you enjoyed my bright colors and digis today.

Come back tomorrow for the FlutterBy Challenge.

14 comments:

June said...

Ohhh I love Lou, Jeanette, she is awesome !! Love the easter bunnies too
hugs June x

msfreida said...

WOW...you've been having a lot of fun lately I see! These look AMAZING! I love all the colors you've used...especially Lou's brights! Isn't she cool? All your creative touches ROCK! :) Now this Easter card is FABULOUS! Oh Jeanette, your coloring is outstanding, GF! What a beautiful crown of flowers...very creative touch!

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holy crap!!!! these are all fabulous!

Holly said...

Jeanette, they are all wonderful! I really love your coloring on the first two cards and that fun fiber is a perfect embellishment for that image!

Denise said...

fabulous job and all of these! Super coloring! Thanks for playing with RESQ-challenge this week!

Carol said...

great take on the theme - thanks for joining us at SCD this week.

Spyder said...

Lovely tulips! Thank you for joining Quirky Craft's 'Flower' challenge!!
(Lyn))

Debby said...

How fun is Lou?! I love her. Great attention to theme. And my goodness how do you manage to post 3 cards at one sitting. You are one busy gal.

jackiescrafts said...

Love your cards they are lots of fun, thanks for joining in at MCFC

Jackie x

Carol said...

Hi Jeanette.
Fancy meeting you here, too! (I came from SCD)
juno
xx
Juno's Place
Cards by Carol

Jeanne said...

Great colors! but I really truly love your blog header!! Happy Easter!

Liz said...

You have done really well with this image good luck

liz x

CJ said...

I LOVE YOUR CARD.....YOU DID AN AWESOME JOB ON LOU....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...GOOD LUCK
BIG
HUGS
CJ
COWGIRL UP DIGI STAMPS

Caroline said...

wonderfull vintage easter card
thank you for playing along this week Caroline DU2DS xx